Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Made on Mac: Microsoft "I'm a PC" Ads.

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by aglitch but the points you brought up are neither here nor there and dont make a good argument. Since when is anything anyone has said in this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aglitch View Post
    but the points you brought up are neither here nor there and dont make a good argument.
    Since when is anything anyone has said in this thread -with the exception of a couple moderators and mildly intelligent individuals- really been a 'good argument'?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Know what's even funnier? People arguing over whether a PC is better than a Mac, or Mac is better than a PC. *sigh* It's all preference. Grow up.

Green Apple
    Thanks

"I'm a PC and I can run on your Mac"

hahah

ask a typical Mac user, they don't even know what version OSX their on LOL.

PC for ever
    -iP3G RebelSIM -Tmo
    -iFone 2nd Gen - 2.0 - Tmo
    -iMac 24" running WinXP Pro
    -Black Berry Pearl
    -HTC Tilt unlocked WM6.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Using windows gives me much more options when building my own custom computers, and I have a bigger selection when it comes to software too. This is really why I am a PC! Don’t get me wrong, the apple OS is a grate stable system, and like they say competition is a good thing for the consumer.
    Last edited by hogcia; 09-22-2008 at 10:13 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Can wait to see apple reaction to this

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You want a bigger piece of the pie? Advertise and target your biggest competitor. Use their status and visibility to your advantage. "Hey, you know PC? Well Im better." Both machines can run each other's OS, which is the most important part.

my iMac may run for a long time, but I can keep up with the market in a PC for half the cost, twice in that time span. Its all relative, but to think owning an Apple is an extension of your manhood, thats just stereotypical american way of thought.

(believe me i know, I live in Texas)

Green Apple
    Thanks

LMFAO!!!! PC- Not... been there done that...

Made the switch 2005, loving it ever since. For those that think a computer is a computer you're clueless other than the obvious that they are both called a computer. I found a PC to be a major pain in the rump. The blue screen of death, Kernel errors, registry problems, and God forbid you want to remove an application (completely). With my Mac I have never had any of those headaches, not to mention viruses. I have never ran virus software nor do I need to. Don't want an app, not a problem, just drag it to the trash and be done with it. Only hard-core gamers find the switch hard. But the Mac is a computer, not a gaming system. Go get a PS3 or XBox for that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r.d.wilson For This Useful Post:

reeko (09-26-2008), tattoojack (09-22-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Thanks

the eternal argument....PC or MAC. I am a PC user and have always been. Actually I didn't even know what Mac's were in my early years of computer usage. But in my line of work with CAD & 3D modelling applications, Mac's dont figure. Both have their own list of positives & negatives. Which list suits you and factoring other considerations (cost, usage, purpose etc.) you can decide what u want. The ad campaigns by Mac and now by PC are nothing but just crappy marketing gimmick (similar to Pepsi & Coke).

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm a mac and a pc. i guess i'm bi.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r.d.wilson View Post
    LMFAO!!!! PC- Not... been there done that...

Made the switch 2005, loving it ever since. For those that think a computer is a computer you're clueless other than the obvious that they are both called a computer. I found a PC to be a major pain in the rump. The blue screen of death, Kernel errors, registry problems, and God forbid you want to remove an application (completely). With my Mac I have never had any of those headaches, not to mention viruses. I have never ran virus software nor do I need to. Don't want an app, not a problem, just drag it to the trash and be done with it. Only hard-core gamers find the switch hard. But the Mac is a computer, not a gaming system. Go get a PS3 or XBox for that.
    THANK THE COMPUTING GODS!!!!
    someone has got a brain! the truth! i love it!
    the ONLY people who hate macs are people who have never OWNED one. and their biggest fear is paying all that money to relearn everything and end up paying another 2K over the next year like they did on PC.

but thats the beauty of it! it took me less than an hour to switch all my stuff from my PC to my mac, and in about 3 hours i had gone from complete mac-noob to MACPRO!!!!! (thank you google!!)

if i had started with mac, i woulda NEVER went to PC, and if you go MAC, you never go back!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrNoSox View Post
    I'm a mac and a pc. i guess i'm bi.
    Last edited by tattoojack; 09-22-2008 at 11:52 PM.

Thanks

tattoojack, that's exactly the arrogant holier-than-thou attitude that alienates most people from macs. I feel like you're forcing me into a corner, it's either your way or no way. I find both operating systems have their ups and downs. I can google the most obscure task and you can bet there'll be a windows application that does it. However, applications made for the mac, although perhaps limited in their quantities tend to 'generally' be of great workmanship. It's always a trade-off. So before you start spewing that pointless bs again, please think twice.
    Last edited by 461am; 09-23-2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: typo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    omg... what IDIOT made this post a news story? This is NOT news...

This is just going to start more PC vs Mac crap.

Anywho, my story. At home, I'm a PC. I love it, people who talk trash about it obviously doesn't know how to use it. I think someone mentioned earlier that they had problems uninstalling a program... SERIOUSLY?? How computer illiterate can you be? And about the Kernel errors, no, you're wrong about that. Again, people talking trash about Windows obviously don't know enough about it to represent themselves.

At school, I can't help it. I have to use macs sometimes. It's what they provide in some labs. I've been using them for about 4 years now, and I can say, they can not do everything I need to do. They're simpler in theory than windows, so that's why for some people it's easier to design images and things like that, organized, less clutter, but Windows overall lets you do what you want. Windows is my favorite because of this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Macs are for poets and gays. PCs are the backbone of the economic world.

iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbulan View Post
    hahaha...well said. I wud another category: fussy stereotypes.

I m already predicting ppl burning u 4 this...

What's Jailbreak? hotrod54chevy's Avatar
    Thanks
    remember those bootcamp and vmware ads? "and i'm a PC too" lol my mac runs xp as well so i just think this is funny

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Both operating systems from a stability standpoint pail in comparison to Linux ... I do 3d animation for a living and the mac's here are only use for graphic design primarily because the monitors and displays were better at the time, other then that all of our content is done on the PC (with better monitors now) and our 500+node renderfarm is managed using Linux.
    Last edited by jbeau; 09-23-2008 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks
    wow... I never thought of this. I had a potluck roomate last year and it turned out he was gay. He used a mac...

And the majority of a unviersity a friend goes to is a writing/media school (northwestern), and the majority of them use macs (they're mostly media people / poets / gay).

Haha.. wow, ur right!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default shut up loosers
    F*ING CHRIST Who the hell cares, its a computer! Just use whatever one you want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
    wow... I never thought of this. I had a potluck roomate last year and it turned out he was gay. He used a mac...

And the majority of a unviersity a friend goes to is a writing/media school (northwestern), and the majority of them use macs (they're mostly media people / poets / gay).

Haha.. wow, ur right!

i hope you both get booty raped by an hiv infested gay hobo and give birth to flaming infected super homo ***** babys and the state makes you take full responsibility and denies your right to abortion.

i am no homo, nor do i support booty love. but you guys calling out gays like that,

NOT COOL!

racism, sexism, its all hate. and it shows your lack of intelligence.

plus i bet neither of you have ever even used a mac much less owned one.

you little PC fanboys got a taste of what mac was REALLY all about, you would be givin 3 dollar hand jobs at the local rest stop just to save up for a mac mini.

and even then you would be too stupid to know all your peripherals from pc work with it.
    Last edited by tattoojack; 09-23-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    i hope you both get booty raped by an hiv infested gay hobo and give birth to flaming infected super homo ***** babys and the state makes you take full responsibility and denies your right to abortion.

i am no homo, nor do i support booty love. but you guys calling out gays like that,

NOT COOL!

racism, sexism, its all hate. and it shows your lack of intelligence.

plus i bet neither of you have ever even used a mac much less owned one.

you little PC fanboys got a taste of what mac was REALLY all about, you would be givin 3 dollar hand jobs at the local rest stop just to save up for a mac mini.

and even then you would be too stupid to know all your peripherals from pc work with it.
    ...and from this guy's fascination and obsession with sexual related crap, we can definitely tell he's a MAC user.

And no, I'm like the most anti-racist person around. Being white, about 3/4 my friends are asian, black, and hispanic.

And my last roommate was cool. He was open about being gay, no gay-hating from us. Never did anything, even when he was drunk. I'm just stating the obvious. That guy was right.

Jumping to conclusions obviously shows ur lack of intelligence. Haha!

And yes, if you've read my previous posts, I use macs at school.