Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.5 Update
09-15-2008, 03:04 PM #1
Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.5 Update
The 10.5.5 Software Update is out avaialble through the software update menu on your mac. This update contains "general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac."
Has anyone installed this update yet? How's it running for you?
For more security update information about 10.5.5 check here. For the list of updated included read below.
- Includes recent Apple security updates.
- Addresses stability issues with video playback, processor core idling, and remote disc sharing for MacBook Air.
- Addresses an issue in which some Macs could unexpectedly power on at the same time each day.
- Resolves a stability issue in TextEdit that could be found when accessing the color palette.
- Improves Spotlight indexing performance.
- Fixes an issue in which contacts might not sync properly with PalmOS-based devices.
- Improves iPhone sync reliability with iCal and Address Book.
- Includes improvements to Active Directory (see this article for more information).
- Improves Speech Dictionary.
- Fixes Kerberos authentication issues for Mac OS X 10.5 clients that connect to certain Samba servers, such as Mac OS X Server version 10.4.
- Includes extensive graphics enhancements.
- Addresses stability issues that may occur when creating a Smart Group.
- Resolves a printing issue with address cards containing information that spans more than one page.
- Disk Utility and Directory Utility
- Improves reliability when rebuilding a software mirror RAID volume in Disk Utility.
- Improves reliability of server status displayed in Directory Utility.
- Updates iCal to more accurately handle repeating events.
- Improves performance when choosing meeting attendees.
- Resolves an issue in which the "Refresh All" option may be dimmed ("grayed out") in the contextual menu for certain calendars.
- Fixes issues with read-only calendars.
- Addresses an issue that prevents an invitee from moving an event to a different calendar.
- Resolves an issue with syncing published calendars.
- Addresses performance issues related to displaying IMAP messages.
- Resolves an issue with SMTP settings for AIM, Compuserve, Hanmail, Yahoo!, and Time Warner Road Runner email accounts.
- Addresses stability issues that may occur when dragging a file to the Mail icon in the Dock.
- Addresses an issue with the "Organized by Thread" view in which the date does not appear when the thread is collapsed.
- Resolves an issue in which RSS feeds could temporarily disappear from the sidebar.
- Improves Mail robustness when sending messages.
- Improves reliability when saving drafts that have attachments.
- Improves overall sync reliability.
- Improves Back to My Mac reliability.
- Improves Time Machine reliability with Time Capsule.
- Addresses performance issues that may affect initial and in-progress backups.
- Fixes an issue in which an incorrect alert message could appear stating that a backup volume does not have enough free space.
- Time Machine can now back up iPhone backups that are on your Mac, as well as other items in (~/Library/Application Support).
Read full release notes here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:
09-15-2008, 03:24 PM #2
damn that's a lot of updating. Can't wait to try it. Can't believe I'm first lol..who cares.
09-15-2008, 03:25 PM #3Installed
Looks good so far very little time playing with it itunes 8 running good no problems with iphone seems O.K. so far will let you know more over time
09-15-2008, 03:29 PM #4
about to set this up now. a lot of updates indeed
09-15-2008, 03:41 PM #5
Wow thanks I update now...
Front row update as well is out....
Last edited by Nettwerk; 09-15-2008 at 03:46 PM.
09-15-2008, 04:45 PM #6
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
09-15-2008, 04:48 PM #7
09-15-2008, 06:05 PM #8
i installed on my hackintosh.
gotta reformat and reinstall.
"not all change is good, and not all motion is forward"
09-15-2008, 06:07 PM #9
well im on windows now, but ill update once i switch overiTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)
2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6
09-15-2008, 06:13 PM #10
when i updated my ibook g4 to 10.5.5 after the update it says ti restart so i restarted and when my mac booted it took about 15 minutes to boot first time and after the update it crashed and rebooted again and after that its just fine booting normally and running great
well just wanted to tell that dont worry if it stucks at apple logo let it do its work it will work through it
09-15-2008, 06:30 PM #11
seems good except for the same problem tahazahoor is having it rebooted... crashed... a couple of times but now its fine
ps im running it on a powerbook G4
09-15-2008, 07:16 PM #1210.5.5
Updating as we speak..
macbook pro..2.16 ghz
will let you guys know ....
wonder if it will work with my dell 9200
works fines after update..
Last edited by koreanmasters99; 09-15-2008 at 07:27 PM.
09-15-2008, 07:32 PM #13
The update is only 136 mb for my iMac and 321 mb for my MacBook Pro.
Wierd, that's kind of a big difference.
09-15-2008, 07:55 PM #14
09-15-2008, 08:11 PM #15
Lol why did you do that?
09-15-2008, 09:35 PM #16
update went flawless. reboot was only maybe 2 mins
09-15-2008, 09:46 PM #17
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Went OK here.. reboot once as requested and then again after a "crash." Now everything is running
09-15-2008, 10:31 PM #18
Great will update when I get back from holidays!
09-15-2008, 11:16 PM #19
completely hosed my roommates computer, can't get passed the login screen. reboot, login screen then hang, rinse, repeat.
09-15-2008, 11:32 PM #20
I dont know if this has happened to anyone else, but after the update on my macbook, my desktop is locked up. I cant open up any of the folders or files on my desktop. i can still cmd click and my dock still lets me launch apps.