+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.5 Update

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Installed on my MBP with no issues took a couple of minutes at most. Noticed Time Machine seems much faster now. I've got an external hard drive plugged into an
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Installed on my MBP with no issues took a couple of minutes at most.

Noticed Time Machine seems much faster now. I've got an external hard drive plugged into an airport extreme (iDisk).

-p

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

works fine so far

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

works fine here!

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

MobileMe had not been syncing properly for me for a few days, so I was hoping it had something to do with needing this update. Ran the update which probably took all of 5 minutes total (for Leopard, iTunes, and QuickTime), it then did 2 reboots. Update went without any problem and immediately my MobileMe is now syncing properly and in a timely fashion.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

I just ran the update about 2 minutes ago. I haven't had much time to tell if anything is better or if anything is broken. I did take about 5-6 minutes for the reboot and it crashed once. After that it booted fine. I'll post again if I find that anything is messed up after the update.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Nice Update
    I have noticed that overall system is responding faster. my programs are responding faster on my macbook pro. no difference for the itunes thou. everything is running smooth. I would recommend the update.

Thanks

Thumbs up Works very well.
    Install went smoothly for me. Post-update, my MBP 17" seems a bit snappier. Not sure if that is a placebo effect, or improvements from the update. Overall, given the number of fixes and my post-update experience I would highly recommend this update.

Cheers
    ================================
    Happily hacking my iPhone since 1.0

Don't forget, it is polite to say Thank you!
    ================================

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

also knocked out all my hacked software! But works fine otherwise

Green Apple
    Thanks

im kinda disappointed.. i didnt feel any difference.. maybe i just have that much love for my little old ibook G4..
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamnintendork View Post
    I dont know if this has happened to anyone else, but after the update on my macbook, my desktop is locked up. I cant open up any of the folders or files on my desktop. i can still cmd click and my dock still lets me launch apps.
    Seems some people with intel macbooks are having desktop issues. In my case the top menu bar was gone. I could launch an app from the toolbar and it would restore the menu bar. Went away after a couple of reboots and a power cycle.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

10.5.5 broken pwnage for me. Back to error 1600 when I DFU restore a custom firmware. Please report if you have similar issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nte
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamnintendork View Post
    I dont know if this has happened to anyone else, but after the update on my macbook, my desktop is locked up. I cant open up any of the folders or files on my desktop. i can still cmd click and my dock still lets me launch apps.
    If you are still having problems, you need to source an uncorrupted version of the DAVKit private framework.

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/145886441/DAVKit.framework.zip
    backup your DAVKit.framework and replace with this.

sudo cp -R DAVKit.framework /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
    obai alpine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default problems after updating to 10.5.5
    hey guys, i was able to upgrade my leopard osx to 10.5.5 but i noticed that it reboots slow. I had to wait a couple of minutes (apple logo with spinning wheel) then another couple of minutes in the blue screen then starts up leopard. Has any one had this problem too? solutions? Let me know and thanks.

Thanks

10.5.5 has gone flawless for me, specs are over here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^^^^^

pwnage on the other hand is kinda tricky.
    better be sure to read the whole devteam blog about it instead of stopping after the part that says "download here"
    Last edited by tattoojack; 09-17-2008 at 11:56 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok, I'm startin to get really friggin pissed off. Every time I go to check for update, it loads about half-way, and then it closes unexpectedly. I've tried everything, rebooting, shut down for a while, took out battery, etc. I don't know what to do. Does Apple have a web page that has a download for the new update?

BTW, I'm running a 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2Gig RAM on 10.5.4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neezy View Post
    Ok, I'm startin to get really friggin pissed off. Every time I go to check for update, it loads about half-way, and then it closes unexpectedly. I've tried everything, rebooting, shut down for a while, took out battery, etc. I don't know what to do. Does Apple have a web page that has a download for the new update?

BTW, I'm running a 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2Gig RAM on 10.5.4
    the firmwares are in the downloads secton

and i am posting this here and in another thread that pertains to it.

per the dev-team (on the front of their blog. right below the download for new pwnage.)

PLEASE NOTE: COPY THE APPLICATION TO YOUR APPLICATIONS FOLDER OR DESKTOP BEFORE RUNNING. RUNNING DIRECTLY FROM THE DISK IMAGE WILL CAUSE ERRONEOUS BEHAVIOR (such as missing bootloader files and other oddities).

We would just like to point out that that there are lots of fake sites using the QuickPwn name, these muppets don’t know anything special, and they don’t have anything unique. They are vultures that sit on the domain names and plagiarize content and information in the hope that you donate to them, or click the google ads.

If you’ve been following the technical aspects of our blog since July, you may have noticed that we’ve asserted multiple times that Apple can’t fix the bug we’ve exploited in PwnageTool unless they fix their hardware.

That hardware fact is still true. But one way they can try to combat Pwnage for existing hardware is to program iTunes to detect and prevent the Pwnage exploit. In fact, they’ve already done that in iTunes 8. The screenshot below from iTunes 8 using a Pwned ipsw (with an unPwned device attached) is one example.

The nice thing about iTunes decisions is that we can provide you with patches to counter them. We have one such patch already for Mac iTunes 8 for iPod touch. We’ll be working out the full suite of patches for all the combinations over the next week. (they included these in the new pwnage)

PWNAGE should NOT be decompressed using the application called “the unarchiver” (this breaks permissions within PwnageTool) just use the standard OS X built in ‘Archive Utility’ to decompress.
    hope this helps
    Last edited by tattoojack; 09-18-2008 at 12:04 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this thread was for updating your OSX, not iPhone firmware. I'm trying to update my MacBook from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neezy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this thread was for updating your OSX, not iPhone firmware. I'm trying to update my MacBook from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 .

so would u rather me ignore anyone who goes off topic?

you guys get mad when we don't answer any and all questions then you get mad when we do!

Thanks

Is anyone having install problems with this update that havn't been resolved? I have tried 3 times to download and install it on my Mac Pro but after it "restarts" it comes up with an error message saying something is wrong with it, please contact its manufacturer or something..? My buddy with a Mac Pro has the same issue.

Any advice is welcome!
    Thanks.

Thanks
    updated last night it's running smooth no rebooting issues...

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12