Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 8.0 Release Today!!

I have vista and it installed for me without any problems what so ever! I synced 2 3G's and one 2G no problems with the sped up syncing which u can actually tell the difference so I dunno if its an applel mistake that u guys are experiencing or Vista u should be upset with.
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-10-2008)

wow? are u guys serilsy stupid enuf to update to itnue 8? after ur phone is jailbroken? Obviously there will be problems with Jb phone and new version of itune.. as we had 2 pwn the itune 7.7 in order to pwn the phone properly.. jesus..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to replicat0r For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-10-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix.stu View Post
    While I did not actually preform an update/restore. It DID allow me to hit option + restore and it allowed me to choose which firmware I wanted to restore with. So I believe that your information is a bit incorrect.
    i did not say it wouldnt allow me to choose firmwares i said i could not restore with custom firmwares it errors out everytime so my information is spot on i also did say that i may just be me..... anyone else tried it successfully?
    Last edited by thixtythix; 09-10-2008 at 05:23 AM. Reason: just making my point!

little thanx goes a long way!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thixtythix For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-10-2008)

I am so glad that I found you guys in the beginning of my iPhone JB/Unlocking career, I certainly would never have been able to do any of this without the MMI forums and was just about to update itunes when I decided to search for this thread! I think I'll wait a few days as I am also on a vista pc and have both iphones (just the 1st gen unlocked/jailbroken) I won't touch the 3G until its unlocked....iphone on 2.0.1 unlocked w/winpwn and after reading here some of you had a lot of troubles after updating itunes to 8? Some have none? Any ideas why it seems to work for some and not others? Thanks again for the help everyone!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

some of you had a lot of troubles after updating itunes to 8? Some have none? Any ideas why it seems to work for some and not others?
    Because it is built to work with the iphone 3g, which funnily enough also seems to work for some and not others......lol. I say stay safe and stick with 7.7 till the Dev Team and the other big pwn heads say its all clear. You know if anyone is going to do some serious testing, it gunna be them.

heys guys, when you click Shift + Restore on Itunes 8, does it ask for the restore image anymore? I tried it, its asking me directly if i want to restore or cancel, not asking for the restore image

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post
    heys guys, when you click Shift + Restore on Itunes 8, does it ask for the restore image anymore? I tried it, its asking me directly if i want to restore or cancel, not asking for the restore image
    it does but i have found that it wont allow you to use custom firmware but if you try it let me know what happens!

little thanx goes a long way!

Quote Originally Posted by replicat0r View Post
    wow? are u guys serilsy stupid enuf to update to itnue 8? after ur phone is jailbroken? Obviously there will be problems with Jb phone and new version of itune.. as we had 2 pwn the itune 7.7 in order to pwn the phone properly.. jesus..
    were exactly did u help with pwndge/winpwn

heard there were problems with it.....i'll pass

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123