+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 8.0 Release Today!!

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
downloading right now......
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

downloading right now......

Green Apple
    Thanks

website is all updated now :-) and downloading

Thanks

Any reviews yet, safe to update?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Just installed and Genius finished scanning my music. It works AWESOME! I have a fair amount of music and it's nice to see songs I haven't heard in a while get picked up because they're similar to what I'm listening now.

EDIT: iTunes should cause no changes on your iPhone if you're jailbroken/unlocked, so I imagine it's safe to upgrade.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

kurtwalter_2 (09-09-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone editwizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems nice so far - although my first iPhone 2G sync had a pretty long backup but that was probably due to installing Spore and playing it a bit since today's earlier sync. With no real changes to any apps I just sync'd again and seems to be the 2-3 min backup.

Genius is REAL nice. I'm listening to a playlist built off of Starsailor 'Born Again'... has Aqualung, Travis, Wilco, Idlewild, Death Cab, Peter Gabriel - some stuff I haven't rated yet and others that are 3-5 stars. Its like having Pandora built right in.

Thanks

Works great on my jailbroken 2.0.2. First sync took some time, but now it's flying.

iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Thanks

cool....but what does this mean for the jailbroken/unlocked iphone users. is this new itunes safe and will not end up bricking my phone??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default affecting pwned phones?
    I was wondering if this will affect the phone? I am running 2.0.2 on a jailbroken iPhone 3g. I want to update itunes but not sure if I need to wait till the 2.1 firmware is out and jailbroken before I should upgrade my itunes.

Thanks for any insight

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

update 2.1 is not going to be released till friday so you can still update itunes and not your phone

Green Apple
    Thanks

DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!!!!!! it will not allow to restore with custom firmware although it may just be me but i have restarted my mac and my iphone and created fresh firmware with pwnage and still doesn't work can only use legit firmware!!!!

little thanx goes a long way!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thixtythix For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-10-2008)

Thanks

Did it make you restore?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thixtythix View Post
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!!!!!! it will not allow to restore with custom firmware although it may just be me but i have restarted my mac and my iphone and created fresh firmware with pwnage and still doesn't work can only use legit firmware!!!!
    While I did not actually preform an update/restore. It DID allow me to hit option + restore and it allowed me to choose which firmware I wanted to restore with. So I believe that your information is a bit incorrect.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to phoenix.stu For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-10-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

this iTunes is great I miss the ministore but in the grid view it ist just amazing apple has made the best update for iTunes

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jeckel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, the iPod Touch 2.1 Firmware has been released. Currently downloading. Don't know if I should test it as it isn't jailbroken. I heard that QuickPwn can work with iTunes 8 (as in, go through the process), it just won't allow you to sync (errors abound!)
    I haven't had trouble syncing my device with iTunes 8, the only problem would be with QuickPwning with iTunes 8 then trying to sync. So you shouldn't need worry (for now).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-10-2008)

Thanks

glad I'm going on a trip tomorrow and not be able to upgrade until I hear feedback. Although I an known to be the guinnie pig heh.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to tha5150 For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-10-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dillonsmith9147's Avatar
    Thanks

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH! I HAVE NO ITUNES, dumb vista it keeps telling me to restart, i cant get into my music i click on itunes, it goes through windows installer for what reason escapes me, i kinda hoped 8 would fix vista problems, neways it says you must restart now or if you plan on manually restarting blah blah blah, anyone no how to fix it??

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dillonsmith9147 For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-10-2008)

Thanks

Well it just blue screened my Vista two times. Just sec. after pluging into my iPhone 3G.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sonyman74 For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-10-2008)

Thanks

i can`t update the apps that have updates now. it says we could not complete your itunes request. an unknown error occured (5002) try again later. does any1 know how to fix this?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwidow74 For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-10-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default itunes 8 BSOD
    Me too. 7.7 worked perfectly. I installed version 8, connected my iPhone 3G, BSOD and reboot. I have no Logitech software at all...(not that that should matter...)

Tried again, same story. Uninstalled 8, reinstalled 7.7, and I get the ".itl file cannot be opened because it was created with a newer version of iTunes" error.

I'm trying to love Apple, but these increasingly failed launches are worrying me. "Vista user with an apple portable device" is not a rare scenario, and really should be taken through Quality Assurance.

So... now I can't listen to any of my music purchased through the iTunes Store, I can't sync my iPhone.

Apple, you're looking more and more unstable as 2008 progresses. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but today's press conference was absolutely unnecessary; these were minor product line changes, not something worth throwing an "event." Please invest more in QA and less in these events. They're great when you introduce a new produce, i.e. iPhone... but a new version of old software and minor changes in your music players? Not a press event.

Thanks so much for listening, we appreciate you and wish you luck on what I'm sure is not a fun night for you.

-b-

28. The Following User Says Thank You to bryankaras For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (09-10-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colorado Steve's Avatar
    Thanks

What I like about it is that you can see albums that have two covers. You can than correct that and make a clean album. Looks so much better when you show off album art to people on your phone.

Two thumbs up from me.

syncing phone was fine.

Genius tab is genius!