+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Connect Mac Mini in different network to iPad

is a discussion within the

Mac mini

forums, a part of the

Desktops

section;
Hello guys, 1st of all, sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this (i am kinda doubtful as if it has to go here). Well, the deal is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Connect Mac Mini in different network to iPad
    Hello guys, 1st of all, sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this (i am kinda doubtful as if it has to go here).

Well, the deal is this, I'm thinking on selling my MBP 1,1 and buy a brand new MacMini, but I'm wondering if it is possible to see the display of the MacMini in an iPad while both devices are in different networks

IE: The Mac Mini will be @ my home and I have the iPad 3 in the office, can I remote connect to it or something similar?

Thanks in advance guys!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

You could remote into it. Splashtop is a good one to do that with. Not sure how power featured you are looking for.

Best Remote Desktop App | Access Computer from iPad | Splashtop

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

haseo00 (08-04-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

You can also setup the Mac Mini as a server and use the VPN service. The iPad can connect to to the VPN and you then have access to the entire remote network. I then use iTeleport for VNC contour of my server and other machines.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually I'm not looking for too much power, only for web surfing, song downloading, word processing, and I guess that's all hehehe, so I'm guessing both options are pretty cool, wondering only.......(i know, i should search for it, but I guess it's kinda easier to ask hehe) how can i setup the Mac Mini as a server?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, remote use of a computer isn't a great solution. If you have fast internet upstream at home, that helps, but it also depends on your downstream at your office. I support clients remotely all the time and it's hit or miss.

Setting up a Mac server is very easy, but it requires a long list of steps. You have purchase the server upgrade from the Mac App Store, configure the VPN service, forward the VPN ports on your router, either configure a DynDNS account or host record to give your ISP assigned IP address a friendly name and then configure on you iPad. You also ave to enable Remote Management in the Mac preferences.

iTeleport offers a free Mac side app that makes it quick and easy to access your Mac using a Gmail account and the iPad app.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scoops98 For This Useful Post:

haseo00 (08-04-2012)