Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unibody Mac Mini 1080p MKV issue

Default Unibody Mac Mini 1080p MKV issue
    Hey everyone,

I recently purchased the current generation Mac Mini. I have quite a few 1080p MKV files and I'm having an issue with playback. I've taken everything down to the basics and placed the file on my desktop and played it through VLC. It plays for the most part ok, but every once in a while the framerate jumps and the picture becomes pixelated for a few seconds. No problems with audio. Any ideas or suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Ya I used to have issues with full hd mkv files on my older core 2 duo macbook. I only have those issues now with VLC if I try to jump ahead in the movie, seems the core i5's are better equipped for full hd.

I wouldn't mind it if it was to fast forward. I'm just trying to avoid any issues while actually playing a movie. Other people don't seem to have this problem. Gonna try a few things though.

So, I downloaded Plex. Enabled "H.264 hardware decoding." Flawless playback!
    Last edited by StellarZ; 11-15-2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower."
    - Steve Jobs

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Ya plex is a nice app. Just recently discovered it myself.