Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading a MA205LL/A

Default Upgrading a MA205LL/A
    This was an early 2006 model. I just got one from eBay. It has a Intel single core, 1.5 ghz processor.

I heard somewhere it is possible to upgrade this to Intel Core 2 Duo, I just want to confirm this, also anyone have any good suggestions for one on NewEgg or something better.

The one I bought has preinstalled 1.5gb ram and OSX 10.6.4 by the previous owner.

It's main use will be mild-heavy Photoshop usage for a college level art student. Then after she's done with school, would be used as a media center. So it needs a little bit more juice.

Thank you,
    Brian

Edit:
    Actually, maybe possible to install any kind of intel core duo? I need at least that to run CS5

---------

Edit again:
    I've been doing too much research on it today. I've found the following that I'll probably get; it's whats in my iMac, I know it's reliable:
    Intel Core Duo T2600 CPU 2.16GHz 667FSB SL8VN - eBay (item 330483637465 end time Oct-14-10 09:02:51 PDT)

It's more of what I found from this guide:
    o0o.it :: Mac Mini Intel Core Duo Upgrade Guide
    Basically that link is the same processor but with a higher clock speed.

I also found 2.33Ghz Core2Duo T7600 based from this video:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I6uORm6NhY[/ame]

This a bit pricier, so much I should have just went with a brand new Mac Mini from Apple. The latter would definitely be preferred, but, I'm worried about overheating, etc.

Most of this research was the result of realizing CS4/5 need multicore processors to run, it would be dumb to try to run it with anything else anyway.

But what do you guys recommend?

---

Sorry, I guess I need to find Socket M?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-Core2-DUO-...item2307b83b4a
    Last edited by Volerikan; 10-12-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: one more question