+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Call Of Duty 4

is a discussion within the

Mac Gaming

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
Has anyone had any problems with the COD4 MultiPlayer servers while playing someone on a pc? Example, I have tried to play my buddy (who is a pc weenie..: )
    Thanks

Default Call Of Duty 4
    Has anyone had any problems with the COD4 MultiPlayer servers while playing someone on a pc?

Example, I have tried to play my buddy (who is a pc weenie..: ) via the internet connection but a lot of the servers that he sees, I do not see and vice-versa... We are in the same town and have the same type of internet connection.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had this problem..?
    Thanks.

Thanks

Are you playing via Bootcamp or on your OSX?

I'm not sure about this, but are the servers for PC and Mac the same? Are you sure it works cross-OS?
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

OSX Native... I just got the game for mac a few weeks ago but i'm not a big gamer, etc so don't know if I'm missing anything... You can see the specs here: GameAgentâ„¢ Online Store - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Mac

The newest patch lets you play cross-platform and I have with my PC buddy... we just have a hard time finding servers that we both see. Both of our server settings are the same, etc - just not sure what else to try.

Any advice welcome..: )

Green Apple
    Thanks
    nope havent had it...yet

Thanks

Alrighty, we figured out how to play cross-platform COD and make it work (mac to pc multi-player)... So I figured I would post it on here in case anyone else was annoyed with it as we were. We still don't always see the same servers list which is frustrating but here is the solution:

Person A -
    1. One of scroll down and find a server that you like.

2. Click "Server Info" at the bottom of the screen.

3. Then look at the IP address of that server and tell it to the person you want to play with.

Person B -
    1. Under "Game Type", click on favorites.

2. Click on add new server at bottom of screen.

3. Type in IP address, then select join once it shows up.

4. Kill person A before he kills you or plants the bomb..: )

The graphics are killer on COD4! Hopefully they will release COD5 for mac as well...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by savon View Post
    Alrighty, we figured out how to play cross-platform COD and make it work (mac to pc multi-player)... So I figured I would post it on here in case anyone else was annoyed with it as we were. We still don't always see the same servers list which is frustrating but here is the solution:

Person A -
    1. One of scroll down and find a server that you like.

2. Click "Server Info" at the bottom of the screen.

3. Then look at the IP address of that server and tell it to the person you want to play with.

Person B -
    1. Under "Game Type", click on favorites.

2. Click on add new server at bottom of screen.

3. Type in IP address, then select join once it shows up.

4. Kill person A before he kills you or plants the bomb..: )

The graphics are killer on COD4! Hopefully they will release COD5 for mac as well...
    Why waste your time with COD5 when you could just wait for COD6? Yes, Modern Warfare 2. Hurrah!

Thanks

Why waste your time with COD5 when you could just wait for COD6? Yes, Modern Warfare 2. Hurrah!
    Because unfortunately, some games for the mac come out almost a year after the pc version... Not sure why it takes Aspyr so long to translate the code, etc but unlike EA's promises a few MacWorld's ago, it is rare to see games come out for both PC & Mac at the same time.

So when COD6 is coming out for game consoles and PC's they would normally just be releasing COD5 for the mac, haha

Hopefully, this will change as the gaming market for macs grows as their "1st time mac buyer" market continues to grow... Time will Tell I guess.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by savon View Post
    Because unfortunately, some games for the mac come out almost a year after the pc version... Not sure why it takes Aspyr so long to translate the code, etc but unlike EA's promises a few MacWorld's ago, it is rare to see games come out for both PC & Mac at the same time.

So when COD6 is coming out for game consoles and PC's they would normally just be releasing COD5 for the mac, haha

Hopefully, this will change as the gaming market for macs grows as their "1st time mac buyer" market continues to grow... Time will Tell I guess.
    Yeah i do remember when they said they were going to release Mac games at the same time as their Windows games, but I didn't know that EA and Aspyr were some how connected!

Or you could use Parallels, VMware Fusion, or Bootcamp.

Thanks

Yea, they (EA) made a big announcement b/c of the INTEL switch... but they haven't really kept to their word on that...

Aspyr is not connected to EA, I was just using both of them as an example as to the gaming industry not taking off completely yet on native OSX.

And as far as Parallels and the others, for me personally, I will not ever load (or purchase) a windows operating system again... But yes, if someone has that already (or needs it for work, etc) then it is a a good option.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi everyone..
    Guys i bought new PS3 slim last week and i need some good looking gaming skin on it.So could anyone here please suggest
    me some websites providing nice gaming skins.

video game skins
    Last edited by mickbali123; 12-12-2009 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

It is because you 2 are on different patch versions so you only see servers with that patch version, has nothing to do with mac/pc differences. I play with co workers from my mac with them on pc's all the time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Call of Duty 4 is a great game. I love that game

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys if you really want to play with pc players the best connection you can get is with a cracked server.