Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Halo 2, eh?

Thanks

Default Halo 2, eh?
    As the thread title suggests, this is about H2 running on a Mac. Specifically if anyone thinks it will run on the New Unibody MacBook with 2.4GHz and 4GB RAM through bootcamp.

I feel like it would simply because of the newer Nvidia cards in the MB and because they meet all the system requirements, however what is the professional opinion of MMi?

I've heard of people running it with decent settings on older 'books with the X3100, so I don't know. Anyone tried it?

Thanks!

I haven't tried Halo 2, but after playing every game on this thing that I could, I'm fairly confident that the new MBPs are capable of anything.
    No real info here, but my $0.02

Thanks

Thanks for the response, my good man, but I was talking about the new MacBook (not pro).

I'm sure the Pro's are fairly capable of almost anything given their integrated and discrete cards...

Very helpful, regardless. Thanks again.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

hmmm. That is a good question. I think they might be able to pull it off with the nice NVIDIA upgrades

Thanks

I guess I'll have to try it out if/when I get that sexy MacBook...

Again I say, I Googled and found people who said they could run it fine on the older MacBooks (with the X3100), which I feel like may be a stretch, but with these new Nvidia cards and the fact that it meets all the system requirement, plus the fact I'll have 4GB RAM to work with, I think it could happen.

Definitely not a necessity for me, just something that would be cool to have for certain times.

You will be fine running Halo 2 should run it full high settings. I have the 2.5 MBP and it has not had any Issues with any game i have thrown at it. I have BioShock, Dirt, Portal, and Need For Speed Carbon on full high settings no issues at all. Also I have Crysis running great on high detail settings, but i cant run full rez, that is in the middle. The new MBP is a powerhouse that will at least run most if not all games now and for a few years to come on descent settings.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Thanks

^Yeah, man but in your Pro you have the discrete graphics card as well, I only have the integrated 9400 or whatever it is...

An update to anyone who cares or is interested: I haven't tried it yet, but in the next few days I'm setting up to try NFS: Carbon and Halo: CE, so I'll let anyone know about it if they'd care for the information.
    Respect your elders.