Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jump Drive: Backup apple devices w/out a computer

What's Jailbreak?
    I'd like to be able to backup apple devices straight to a thumb drive only. No computer required.

For people like my mom who only use an ipad and don't have a computer or laptop, or for people who like to travel light and just want to backup their photos etc. from their iphone while they are on the go, a jump drive would be ideal.

I found jump drives with 2 ends that seem like they could be used for this but as of right now you can only backup your apple devices through a computer.
    So these cool jump drives (See picture below) become only a transfer cord when connected to an apple device.

Is it possible to create an app that can recognize such a device when plugged into the iphone or ipad. Does anyone know if it has been done etc?

This device is great for transferring files from your phone to your computer (because you don't need to go through itunes) and it seems perfect to act as a storage device BUT it can NOT store files from your phone/ipad, it can only transfer them or store files from your computer like a normal jump drive would.

Nevermind, I must of understood this wrong! Looks like you can use it as storage, I guess that is just not very common!
    iFlashDrive HD - YouTube
    Last edited by trackris24; 09-17-2012 at 12:05 PM.