Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Lion and iLife

Default OS X Lion and iLife
    Hey there! I recently bought and received a new Macbook Pro, and it came with both Lion and the iLife suite preinstalled. However, the box didn't come with any CDs or DVDs with said software, as expected.

In order to triple boot the Macbook, I want to format it, so my question is: am I still eligible for the free Lion download from the AppStore, even though my computer already came with Lion? Also, because I'll be formatting, I would be losing the iLife apps, although I already technically 'own them', in a manner of speaking. I know that you can re-download apps you already own through the AppStore, but since I never 'downloaded' this, I'm not sure if I'll be able to download it again for free.

Thanks!

The way to reinstall them would be from the Recovery partition in Lion. This is accessible by booting up and holding down option. If you plan to zero out the drive I recommend making an image of your current drive using Disk Utility or Carbon Copy Cloner.

You cannot download them from the AppStore unless you have purchased them separately, which in your case it doesn't appear you have done that.