+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buying a New MBP

is a discussion within the

Mac Accessories

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Sorry, didn't know where else to post this. So I got my older MBP "junked out" at Best Buy under the accidental damage plan (dropped it down the steps of
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Buying a New MBP
    Sorry, didn't know where else to post this.

So I got my older MBP "junked out" at Best Buy under the accidental damage plan (dropped it down the steps of a bus) but I have a small dilemma. I was given credit towards a new Mac (or anything, really), but am not sure when a MBP refresh is coming. I would hate to buy a brand new one (looking at the core i5) only to have a refresh come in 2-3 months. While it would suck to wait that long (need this thing for school), I can tough it out. I really want to go with a 13" but the i5 are 15"+. If a refresh comes I would kick myself if they made a 13" with an i5 or even updated the GPU on the 15" that I am looking at (thinking of getting this thing as a desktop replacement and gaming on it as well). So, any word on their MBP lineup? Would be nice to have some peace of mind, or at least know I am not thinking about waiting for nothing!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 15,108 Times in 6,942 Posts

No way of telling really. They were refreshed with the core 15's in May I believe so Apple could wait till then to do one again.

Thanks

I guess looking at Mac rumors they have a track record of 8-10 months per refresh. They also have a date of April for the last refresh. That puts me at a December to February timeline. Of course I think about getting a new laptop RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

If you are looking for something similar to the macbook pro, I would ask for the aluminum macbook 13.3".
    It isn't a "pro" but, its clocked at the same speed and also can support up to 8GB of RAM. My friend got one when they first came out.
    Community manager of TheRaged, Inc.

Go ahead and follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zachthecat

Thanks

All the aluminum ones are called pros now... just saying

I ended up going with an 11" air and LOVE it!