Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help choosing a VGA OR DVI adaptor for Macbook Pro! HELP!

Question Help choosing a VGA OR DVI adaptor for Macbook Pro! HELP!
    i just bought a Macbook Pro 13" model, and i need an adaptor to hook up to a projector (dont know which one yet) to use for presentations. but i dont know which one to buy!!

1st. whats the difference between a VGA and DVI? is it just quality difference or something technical?

2nd. which chord do i choose? on Apple Store there is : Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter and Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter and Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter and Apple Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter!!

3rd. does it also depend on what type of projector i get? or do they all have a VGA and DVi hook up?

any help on this would be great, the Apple Overviews are kind of confusing! thanks!

I know PCs uses VGA for monitor and projectors. From What I seen, most projectors have a VGA port. I don't know about DVI. I have never use DVI before so I don't know... I would go with the VGA one. The one where it hooks into the computer on one end and the other end with the VGA port.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

The Macbook will have a mini display port. DVI stands for "Digital Visual Interface" (video only) and depending on the projector it may be DVI or VGA or both.
    Last edited by cpjr; 10-26-2009 at 08:51 PM.

hey thanks for your help! i was kinda confused for a second lol

my dad bought both just in case