Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mighty mouse or logitech V470?

Thanks

Default Mighty mouse or logitech V470?
    I've been searching for around for a mouse. I just got a new macbook pro 15" last sunday. Which mouse would be better and reliable? The Apple mighty mouse or logitech V470? I'm looking for a bluetooth mouse btw. If I'm going to buy a mighty mouse, I was gonna buy it off new from ebay or amazon or some website that sells it for less than apple website's price.

I've heard about the mighty mouse's scroll ball getting stuck after a few months of use and even though you clean it, it still gets stuck? How is the right and left clicks? They have the 1 year warranty I believe.

The logitechs are different in that they have the wheel scroll instead of a ball. They have a 3 year warranty on their mouse.

Anybody has inputs? Does the might mouse ALWAYS get stuck after a few months of use? Just FYI, my uncle has the mighty mouse corded that came with his imac and the scroll ball won't scroll up but down and yes its stuck. But i'm wondering about if it's the same as the wireless ones?

I've been using a mighty mouse for a few months, and haven't had the scroll ball problem. And I use it. A lot. The right and left clicks are pretty sweet considering it's accurate but looks buttonless. Aesthetically, 10/10. But wouldn't recommend the right click for gaming. When playing a first person shooter, I sometimes shoot my sniper rifle instead of scoping.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
    I've been using a mighty mouse for a few months, and haven't had the scroll ball problem. And I use it. A lot. The right and left clicks are pretty sweet considering it's accurate but looks buttonless. Aesthetically, 10/10. But wouldn't recommend the right click for gaming. When playing a first person shooter, I sometimes shoot my sniper rifle instead of scoping.
    Alright. Since I'm in graduate nursing school, I will be doing more productivity stuff than games most of the time. Although I love to play call of duty 2/4 and company of heores tales of valor, I think if I was to play games like those first person shooting and such, I will switch over to my $25 wired logitech basic mouse I used for my other computers for many years. Though too bad company of heroes is not available on mac. So yeah aesthetically, it's NICE and ATTRACTIVE. I was just worried about functionality as many people say its not ergonomic and useful. I guess everyone is used to the two-button mouses you see many of them that come with window's OS computers. I feel that if the scroll ball was to get dirty, I'll just clean it with the clean white paper on desk and rub the ball on it method as I heard this was REALLY effective cleaning that lasts a long time. I bought the mighty mouse from bestbuy although my college bookstore was selling it for 4 bucks less because of no tax, bestbuy was closer to my home and I didn't feel like going all the way to school (15-20 miles) just to get a mouse. So far I'm happy with this mouse and I'll just stick with it since if I never try it then I'll never know kind of thing. Thanks.

I did tried logitech mouse and blue tooth Mighty mouse. I suggest Mighty mouse because it is created for Mac purpose and working well with Mac. Now I only run windows with my logitech. Mac is good with Mighty mouse.

Thanks

Good thing I didn't return my mighty mouse then. I really like it now. Its very functional, ergonomic, nice looking, and bluetooth. At first I thought it wasn't ergonomic at all but after a while I got use to it and it doesn't hurt my hand or wrist when I'm using this for a long time unlike my other "cheaper" mouses such as the ones that came with my previous HP desktops and acer desktops.

go with the magic mouse its tits

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

I presented myself w/ an iMac for Christmas and the MM felt weird for about 1 day..then you love it...anybody else find themselves swiping their laptop touchpad?..lol...man how awkward to go find that back button.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have the magic mouse and I love it. Use the BetterTouchTool app for magic mouse you get to unlock so many more features on it. im annoyed at the clicking sound the mouse makes so i use the tap to click feature on the magic mouse.