Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: USB Flash Drive

Default USB Flash Drive
    So im trying to use a USB flash drive with my MacBook. The problem i am having is that when i add files to the USB, and then remove the files, i never regain the used up space. Example: I take my 8GB USB Drive, and add 2GB of info to it and am left with 6GB. But once i remove that 2Gb of info, i am still left with 6GB of storage as opposed to my original 8GB.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I tried this with my old USB's and had this problem, so i went out and bought a New one thinking something was wrong with the old one, but this problem is still happening with my brand new one.

Thanks

Thanks

Yes when you delete the files empty your trash before you eject your flash drive and they will be gone (if you dont want to delete them permanatly make a copy and save it to your desktop or wherever and then move the original to the trash and hit empty) Hit thanks if I helped :-)
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

I second this, problem is that you are not dragging them to the trash. With mac, you must drag the item you want to delete to the trash bin! Or eject button if you coded it that way! Your other USB drives are fine! So you can use them to!
    Mac is a bit different! Much different then windows!
    I'm sure you see that now! If you have any other questions, please fire away!

Well usually on my mac i just applekey and then delete....

but i did what dan said and it seem to work... i never realized that once i deleted stuff from the USb that it went to the trash and not just disappear like in windows....

BTW.. im still newish to Mac... only got it in Feb

Have tons of programs and am prety good with them...

Also any advice on software i should get (free) or torrent (which i do only) lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

The rest work?
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.