+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Time Capsule And Great Advantages!

is a discussion within the

Mac Accessories

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I bought Apple's Time Capsule and it works great! Real easy to set up and it just works.... it also works with OS X Leopard. You can choose from the
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Time Capsule And Great Advantages!
    I bought Apple's Time Capsule and it works great! Real easy to set up and it just works.... it also works with OS X Leopard. You can choose from the 500 GB and 1TB models... I own the 500 GB as I figured it would be enough for me but for some people they get the 1TB. Either way both models hold a lot of information. It just depends on how much you want to back up and how much you keep on your hard drive.

When I networked with Windows I had a lot of problems but sooner or later got it to work.

With my Time Capsule I was more than surprised at its performance. I have my Macbook, IMac and both of my iphones networked to it and my printer. And the nicest thing it is wireless networking.

It also works with the IPhone, Apple TV, IPod touch and other Wi-Fi devices that use the 802.11a/b/g and 802.11n draft 2.0 wireless standards.

More information listed below.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB...mco=MTY4NzQ1Mg

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/timemachine.html

And if your a ebay bidder here is a link to where you can bid.

http://computers.shop.ebay.com/items...sid=m270.l1311

I do not set mine to auto backup as I did not care for it doing it all of the time. I wanted to have it back up when I felt I should. So I right click on Time Machine icon on the dock and click on backup when I want to. The great thing about the time machine is it backs up entire contents of your computer to your backup drive and copies every file with out compressing them.

If your Time Machine is in the middle of a backup and you want to shut down your Mac or put it to sleep. Time Machine simply stops the backup process and remembers where it is. It automatically resumes when your Mac is active again.

If you want to go back in time with your Time Machine you can go back in time and search for your lost files and see exactly how your computer looked on the dates you’re browsing. Select a specific date, let Time Machine find your most recent changes. Then you can Look to verify the file’s contents if you wish. Then click Restore and Time Machine brings it back to the present.

The time machine costs about 250.00 for the 500 GB model and around $499.00 for the 1TB model.

Since I have bought it I would never live without it now. Its a great device to own. Some people rather have a external hard drive as a back up but this really does the trick for me.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 09-04-2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Added Pictures