Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple wireless Mighty Mouse

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Default Apple wireless Mighty Mouse
    Apple Store (U.S.) - Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse

At $70, it's priced right about where you'd expect Apple accessories to be. I replaced my Logitech Wheelman mouse (still one of my fav's to this day) last year with a Mighty Mouse. I wasn't sure at the time what I was getting into with this one little roller ball on top, but man I have found perfection in a mouse.

When you use the mouse preferences to set it up and work with expose, you can control spaces, dashboard, expose, and many other apps all from the side buttons and the roller's "push to click" feature.

Currently I have mine setup to show all windows by squeezing the side of the mouse and to open spaces with the roller ball click. It right clicks and left clicks just like any other mouse.

You should keep some alcohol around to clean the mouse roller ball with every few weeks to avoid it hanging up on you. If you keep it cleaned out you'll never have any issues.

I recommend buying rechargeable batteries so you can save the $$$ of spending in the future to replace alkaline's. A set of AA batteries lasts me about 4 weeks and I use the internet about 7 hours a day conservatively speaking.

When it comes to Mice, this one wins hands down. If it weren't for Logitech's software conflicts with Apple I'd have never found out how good this mouse was.

5 stars!
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

You mentioned cleaning the ball to keep it working correctly. Does this mean that the wireless Mighty Mouse has the same "scroll up" issue as the wired ones?

I am not a big fan of the Mighty Mouse because it seems that every single one that I use has this issue and I know of people who have gone through half a dozen to get one that works correctly.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

yeah it stucks if you dont clean very often but it work excellent, i also change the logitech vx nano for this one and i can tell you that im not going back to use the logitech anymore

excellent mouse.

about the price, everybody already knows that apple make high value things for high value prices so i like to pay high prices for things that have high quality

Thanks

As with any trackball mouse, it has to be cleaned out to work properly, it just affects the Mighty Mouse more since it is a tiny ball with smaller surface area.

eh, i think i'll stick with my logitech. it does everything i need it to plus i don't have to clean the scroll wheel to make it work... lol
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

i have the wired mighty mouse and i do prefer it to the wireless. i had the wireless one for a while but i always had problems with it. like every now and again it would completely stop working. it was like it had a mind of its own and every other day it would be like "naaa i dont feel like working today use the track pad". yea about that...... so i eventually got tired of it and switched it out. i think i went through 5 of them in till i finally gave up.
    Last edited by lillewis51; 09-03-2008 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks

They have moved the ball from the bottom to the top, very innovative.

Thanks

I still don't see how people screw them up, I have two (wired and not wired) and have never had any issues at ALL.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I just bought one myself.... don't care for the tracking.. seems I struggle with it... I have it set to the fastest and still not fast enough... even found a file to speed it up even more but not good enough....

Thanks

Mine is so fast I can barely hold onto it. You have a conflict on something.

iPhone? More like MyPhone calingasan's Avatar
    Thanks

The wireless mighty mouse is the worst mouse I have ever used. I just bought an iMac this January and from the time I started using this mouse it has been a total pain.

Since this mouse is new, I have no problems with the scroll ball (yet) but their touch sensitive right click does not work when your other finger is resting on the left click. This means you have to lift your index finger each time you need to right click.

Comparing with other laser wireless mouse this mouse sensitivity is very annoying. Sometimes it works fine sometimes it doesn't, sometimes its slow sometimes its fast.

I just ordered a Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 and would hopefully burn this wireless mighty mouse once it arrives.

Thanks

i love apple, and i have the might mouse and bluetooth keyboard.

the mighty bouse sucks. the trackball sticks constantly (and i clean it), and it just doesnt move fast enough. at fastest setting it moves so slowly was it may for retards?

the bluetooth keyboard is like taking my macbook keyboard and making it mobile. it's perfect.

mighty mouse is officially the worst mouse ever though.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    i love apple, and i have the might mouse and bluetooth keyboard.

the mighty bouse sucks. the trackball sticks constantly (and i clean it), and it just doesnt move fast enough. at fastest setting it moves so slowly was it may for retards?

the bluetooth keyboard is like taking my macbook keyboard and making it mobile. it's perfect.

mighty mouse is officially the worst mouse ever though.
    Go to this site and download mousezoom... it speeds up the mighty mouse install it and go to your system preferences and you will be able to set your settings for it in there...

Ben Net - MouseZoom OS X Official Site

"Always remember your special and unique!"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

reeko (01-25-2009)

Thanks

Just tried this, its fast but not as smooth as i hope it would be. I cant wait to replace this f***ing mighty mouse.

Thanks

I can and will agree..... I don't think its the best mouse..... but with that file I can live with it.... I have a laptop logitech mouse that is usb that I like better that I use for my laptop but tried it with my imac about four months ago when I could set at it.... I have not been on it yet due to neck surgery to use it again.....

The Mighty Mouse is by far a good mouse. I've had 2, cleaned regularly, neither scroll wheels work anymore. Sucks for gaming, and sucks for anything other than using the web.

Thanks

impressive, and it does a good job

its definetly as fast as i need now, but not very smooth

but i can live with that for sure.

thanks!

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

my mighty mouse just died. i bought my imac january 8, 2009 and had the option to upgrade my mouse and keyboard wireless and just now as i am browsing and writing in modmyi forums my wireless mighty mouse just died. i just hope the rest of the stuff i bought from apple are not as lame as this mouse. im new to macs and this dead mouse is not a good experience. i hope someone even more frustrated than i am would sue apple for their horrible horrible mighty mouses and get a gazillion dollars from settlement fees. As a customer, i feel betrayed that a simple device such as a mouse would fail after less than a month of buying it. To anyone from apple reading this i just have one thing to say to you, "Mighty Mouse My Arse!!!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calingasan View Post
    my mighty mouse just died. i bought my imac january 8, 2009 and had the option to upgrade my mouse and keyboard wireless and just now as i am browsing and writing in modmyi forums my wireless mighty mouse just died. i just hope the rest of the stuff i bought from apple are not as lame as this mouse. im new to macs and this dead mouse is not a good experience. i hope someone even more frustrated than i am would sue apple for their horrible horrible mighty mouses and get a gazillion dollars from settlement fees. As a customer, i feel betrayed that a simple device such as a mouse would fail after less than a month of buying it. To anyone from apple reading this i just have one thing to say to you, "Mighty Mouse My Arse!!!"
    Well I love my Mac's.... could not live without them... but hate to disappoint you... this is how it has been for me since I converted over to Apple products....

1. 3G iphone bricked three weeks after I got it. And no I do not mod my iphones... Bought it right after they came out but Apple was wonderful replacing it have had no problems with the new one so far....

2. Bought an 24 inch iMac two months later the power supply blew... sounded just like a gun going off... Apple said it was a faulty power supply. I had it plugged into a brand new surge protector was well....

3. My Macbook... just had to take it in a couple of weeks ago because the cdrom drive went on it and get this.... I have never used the drive until a couple of weeks ago to back it up.

I take EXCELLENT care of my Apple products here... I am not hard on them, I keep them clean etc... etc.... maybe I am just having bad luck so far but this is how it has been for me since I bought them.....

Do I like it... NO because when I built my computers before going to Apple products I never had any problems..... and then if I did I could fix them myself... but now I have to run to Apple to get things fixed...

I will admit... each time Apple has been very wonderful to me... when the cdrom drive failed in my laptop they fixed it over night for me because I am in Florida right now and could not drive and when the hubby was here they knew he was leaving in a couple of days so they fixed it right away so he could pick it up for me before he left..... now that was REALLY nice of Apple to do that for me....

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    impressive, and it does a good job

its definetly as fast as i need now, but not very smooth

but i can live with that for sure.

thanks!
    Glad it helped to speed up your mouse.... for smooth who knows what to do? And for the comment you stated when you said was this mouse made for retards? That comment cracked me right up! LOL because the mouse does act that way... LOL especially until you get used to it... LOL
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 01-25-2009 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

ye, its true. its so slooooowww.

i have also had problems with both my iPhones (2g+3g) and my macbook.

every problem that ive had has been resolved painlessly and easily by Apple, on the day.

ive had a replacement 2g and a few replacement 3gs, and upgraded my macbook outside of the 14 days and paid no restocking fee.

they also advised me to use my friends student discount to buy my own macbook, saving me over 300 altogether.

maybe im just lucky and have a really helpful apple store?

calingasan, please get in touch with apple and get your mouse sorted. then you will smile about the whole thing afterwards

Suck it up, Sucker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast