Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Longitude Compability

Default Longitude Compability
    Is Longitude compatible with ios 4.0.

¿when it will be if not?

Thanks

I would also be interested in a response to this.

I have installed Longitude 1.5.3 on my jailbroken 3GS, which is running iOS4.

The app installs just fine. SBSettings is granted a Longitude toggle and the Location Services reference Longitude as being switched on and granted access to my current location.

The app launches ok and all the variables are configurable. My google credentials are tested successfully.

Here's where it appears to fail.

My last successful update was on the 24th June when my 3GS was running 3.1.3

Currently the app just sits there stating that it is updating, which it never does. The 'GPS is in use' icon is never displayed in the status bar either?

Has anyone had any success running Longitude on iOS4?

I guess I'll just wait for PlaceTrack for now.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

We're hard at work on Longitude2 for iOS 4! There will be both an App Store version that uses the background location API and then, if the demand is great enough, a jailbroken version that provides additional enhancements, such as the ability to update more frequently. Be sure to follow @TNVS on Twitter to find out when it's released. Expect it some time in the next week or two! Thanks for all your support.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fergusean For This Useful Post:

krisse (08-03-2010), strbuk (07-08-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by fergusean View Post
    We're hard at work on Longitude2 for iOS 4! There will be both an App Store version that uses the background location API and then, if the demand is great enough, a jailbroken version that provides additional enhancements, such as the ability to update more frequently. Be sure to follow @TNVS on Twitter to find out when it's released. Expect it some time in the next week or two! Thanks for all your support.
    Please make a jailbreak version as the 3G really struggles with multitasking enabled.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fergusean View Post
    This was over 4 weeks ago now. Has there been any progress. My iOS4 just says it is updating, but never does. I am in twitter denial, so i cant follow the tweets. Any chance of an update here..?

@tnvs posted an update yesterday, saying the AppStore version would be submitted this week, and the jailbreak version released sometime next week!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry for the delay, all. Ran into some technical issues with Longitude2 that caused the release to be pushed back. However, we've submitted version 1.6 to Cydia and Rock to fix iOS 4 compatibility. It should be available within 24 hours!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fergusean For This Useful Post:

krisse (08-11-2010)