Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Low Memory (RAM) on Jailbroken iTouch 2g

Default Low Memory (RAM) on Jailbroken iTouch 2g
    http://m296.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Loredaen/image.png.html?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2UNsDx oZ2lsuxla1G6e1SDvriNzdkVVEDvNBJtzcNRJcOYb9L6S8%2Bo F25Dco8XrvMmaH0U53Ol5wrkFROiijbRKvL6PJ%2FRUNHZqH2w eM%2BHWXbS%2Bmf7%2FnmWUGLioFRiQv4rfVJHYcxp2nxjlhQHgF4%3D

Above is a screenshot of my iPod with SBSettings open showing my memory info. It says that I only have 63 MB of memory in total! This seems like a really small number, when comparing to other devices where the memory is in the hundreds! Is there anything I can do about this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

There isn't very much you can do about it. Remember that you have an iPod touch 2G. This means you have 128MB of RAM. Put half of that into booting up and using iOS and you have about 60MB left. Thats what you have to work with, it's also the reason the iPod Touch 2G is rather slow compared to the iPod touch 4G and iPhone 4.

I would recommend getting a new iPod touch since when iOS 5 comes out the iPod touch 2G won't be able to handle it.

Thanks

Try sysclean pro in terminal after installing it type
    Su
    syscleanpro
    This will ask you if you want to delete unneeded fonts then after they're deleted your ram will increase I on an iPod 2G I done that and my ram increased
    Follow me on Twitter @D3aTH2020 add me on Gamecenter: @D3$TR0Y3R

Thanks

Try removing useless apps and tweaks. When I got my first iDevice(iPod touch 2G) I jailbroke it and installed so many tweaks that I had trouble unlocking my device.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air