Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MAC problem reading file names

Default MAC problem reading file names
    Hey guys, This is my first post on the forums, I have been reading you guys for a while, and I have found a lot of helpfull things. Anyway

I have a predicament:
    I transfered some files from my PC to my new macbook, and some of my russian music had russian filenames, but my mac seems not to be able to read them properly. Here i will insert a screen shot of what i mean.

As you can see in the image some of the file names are just wierd letters with different lines above them. Thowse are sopose to be russian letters, but the mac is displaying them wierd like that.

Thankyou in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-2.png  

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm guessing it's to do with not having the correct font and/or location (language) installed. Try maybe deleting the font caches, but seeing that is a new Mac, it's probably not having the correct font (some sort of Cyrillic, right?) Have you tried Goggling it? Btw, are they MP3s? It could also be corrupted meta data. If so, try right-clicking (option-click or two finger click on trackpad), and selecting Convert ID3 Tags... See if that works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-3.jpg  
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Thanks scoops I am going to try it right now.

nope, i tried all possibilities, and nothing
    Last edited by iSlice; 06-28-2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost