+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 10.5.7 USB issue

is a discussion within the

Leopard 10.5.X

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
ok i just downloaded the new OS x update 10.5.7 and now my keyboard and mouse dont work in the usb ports on my intel based IMAC. now i cant
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy 10.5.7 USB issue
    ok i just downloaded the new OS x update 10.5.7 and now my keyboard and mouse dont work in the usb ports on my intel based IMAC.

now i cant select a user on start up.. The mouse is lit underneath but doesnt move, i tried the hold option,command,r,p and ive also unplugged the power and all connectors and rebooted.

my keyboard seemed to work from me holding down the option command button etc...the computer rebooted twice ....

do i have to take the computer in?....i dont mind reinstalling the OS x software but how can i do that when these things dont work....

thanks in advance

Kimo

Thanks

Yesterday I updated successfully from 10.5.5 to 10.5.7 on my Macbook. No issues with USB at all in fact jailbreak and DFU seem to work just fine too. If you had a windows box, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling teh device drivers for your keyboard and mouse. As a relative newcomer to the Mac myself- how do USB drivers install on OSX? Is there a similar uninstall/reinstall?

Where you on 10.5.5 or 10.5.6 before you upgraded? If you were on 10.5.5, you needed to use either the combo upgrade or first upgrade to 10.5.6 then to 10.5.7 with the standard (delta) upgrade.

FWIW- I had stayed at 10.5.5 due to questions with itunes and DFU. i did not use teh system updte function but downloaded teh 10.5.6 delta upgrade- installed that then downloaded the 10.5.7 delta upgrade. Entire process only took about 15 minutes total.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kimokong View Post
    ok i just downloaded the new OS x update 10.5.7 and now my keyboard and mouse dont work in the usb ports on my intel based IMAC.

now i cant select a user on start up.. The mouse is lit underneath but doesnt move, i tried the hold option,command,r,p and ive also unplugged the power and all connectors and rebooted.

my keyboard seemed to work from me holding down the option command button etc...the computer rebooted twice ....

do i have to take the computer in?....i dont mind reinstalling the OS x software but how can i do that when these things dont work....

thanks in advance

Kimo
    Kimo,

I had the same exact problem. By chance, after you unpdated to 10.5.6 did you reinstall the 10.5.5 usb drivers so that you could use DFU mode? That was the problem I had. What I did to fix it was to use screensharing.app to access the computer remotely, and reinstall the 10.5.6 usb drivers from the dev teams website here (search for the part about DFU mode).

The only thing is that with my setup, I (1) had automatic login, and (2) already had screensharing enabled. In your case, I'm not sure that you can remote access before the user logs on. You could try booting into single user mode, but you still may have to apply the 10.5.6 driver manually. I'm not sure how to do that though.

Hope this helps.

Also, check this page out: Uninstall Fix DFU 10.5.6?! - Hackint0sh
    Last edited by Spamdumpster; 05-15-2009 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Well, I haven't been over here to the MAC section in a while, but I just stumbled upon upon this 10.5.7 page and noticed that the DFU mode seems to be enabled again for the iphone...

My questions..
    1) can anyone confirm this that has not bypassed any drivers
    2) will it be safe for me to upgrade straight from 10.5.3??? I haven't ever updated because I didn't realize of any updates till 10.5.6 and herd it killed the DFU mode, so I just held off all together.

any advice or knowledge on this would be welcomed.

Cheers,

MrB
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrblader View Post
    Well, I haven't been over here to the MAC section in a while, but I just stumbled upon upon this 10.5.7 page and noticed that the DFU mode seems to be enabled again for the iphone...

My questions..
    2) will it be safe for me to upgrade straight from 10.5.3??? I haven't ever updated because I didn't realize of any updates till 10.5.6 and herd it killed the DFU mode, so I just held off all together.

Cheers,

MrB
    on my macbook pro 1,1 and 2,2
    dfu was never affected
    on the ppc mac and the macbooks
    dfu came back with 10.5.7
    and i never patched anything.
    just used my powered usb hub

Thanks

My questions..

Cheers,

MrB
    You can directly upgrade but you will need the "combo" upgrade.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

mrblader (06-03-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    You can directly upgrade but you will need the "combo" upgrade.
    sorry, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to upgrading.... dont really know what a 'combo upgrade' is.... I'm guessing it upgrades each version? 10.5.4, 10.5.5, 10.5.6, & 10.5.7?

if so, i think i get it, I was also at the mac store near me and talked to a genius who said to upgrade each level, "thinkin this is what you meant by combo"

Can this be done simply through,

oh yeah... should I worry about itunes??? still a bit behind on that too... I'm just a bit concerned that I might get blocked preparing for the 3.0 update/jailbreak..

thanks again guys..
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

sorry, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to upgrading.... dont really know what a 'combo upgrade' is.... I'm guessing it upgrades each version? 10.5.4, 10.5.5, 10.5.6, & 10.5.7?

if so, i think i get it, I was also at the mac store near me and talked to a genius who said to upgrade each level, "thinkin this is what you meant by combo"

Can this be done simply through,

oh yeah... should I worry about itunes??? still a bit behind on that too... I'm just a bit concerned that I might get blocked preparing for the 3.0 update/jailbreak..

thanks again guys..
    he is referring to the update that you manually download from apple.com

if you just hit software updates you will be fine.

dfu mode hasnt been a problem since 10.5.7 and even if it is in your case, nothin an externally powered usb hub won't fix.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tattoojack For This Useful Post:

mrblader (06-03-2009)