+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Moving Contacts thru vCard import from MS Outlook 2007 into Mac AddressBook

is a discussion within the

Leopard 10.5.X

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
Hi all! I'm new to mac and after plenty searching, I've found that importing vcards into Mac are the best way to move contacts from outlook 2007 (unless someone can
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Moving Contacts thru vCard import from MS Outlook 2007 into Mac AddressBook
    Hi all!

I'm new to mac and after plenty searching, I've found that importing vcards into Mac are the best way to move contacts from outlook 2007 (unless someone can advise a better option).

Though it works well, the issue i'm facing is that every card thats imported into AddressBook end up having some Windows gibberish formatting data etc. in the notes of each contact. Since I've 1000+ contacts its a hassle manually deleting each one.

Please advise what I can do to eliminate this MS crap from coming into AddressBook and/or what other better way to import contacts.

Thanks

ps. i'm sorry if i've posted in the wrong section.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,268 Times in 652 Posts

importing one at a time is a pita.

what you do is select all of your contacts at once in outlook, Forward as Vcard from the "action menu" and email them to yourself. Open up the email on your mac snag the attachments and import into address book. Lets you do it all at once

as for the formatting I'll have to take a look and get back to you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks a lot.

I look forward to your input regarding how to eliminate the formating gibberish in the notes section of each imported contact.

Thanks

"azharnasir" - Hey there... I've found one of the best ways to transfer contacts from outlook to your new mac is by using Plaxo for mac (I feel like I should be selling plaxo, as I have it posted about it a few times now..: ). Check it out HERE

I used to have all of my contacts on a pc at my old job then struggled for a month or two trying to figure out how to get them into my mac without any problems... I signed up for Plaxo online (free btw) which uploads all your contact & calendar info into your online account. Then I just imported them all on my mac.

They have since come out with "Plaxo For Mac" which makes it even easier. No MS gibberish or frustration required! Let me know if this works for you...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savon For This Useful Post:

azharnasir (11-23-2008), Cody Overcash (11-24-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks a lot!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,268 Times in 652 Posts

oh that plaxo is neat. thx I was having trouble finding a nice way to remove garbage

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Overcash View Post
    importing one at a time is a pita.

what you do is select all of your contacts at once in outlook, Forward as Vcard from the "action menu" and email them to yourself. Open up the email on your mac snag the attachments and import into address book. Lets you do it all at once

as for the formatting I'll have to take a look and get back to you
    Couple days ago I was in the Internet and saw there a lot of interesting tools. But one of them I downloaded - outlook express address book failure. It solved my old problems with address book for seconds and completely free as far as I remember. Moveover the application helped my sister and she thanked me a lot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can export all Outlook contacts to vCard formats using vCard magic tool. After exporting Outlook to vCard you can simply import them into Mac Address Book after following given tips- Address Book 6.x: Export and import vCards