Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wifi problems, macbook air

Default wifi problems, macbook air
    I have a problem with my macbook air. I have a wireless network, Netgear router, in my home. I have no problem connecting to it and surfing the web with my windows laptop as well as my macbook air. i also connect no problem at my campus network in college. When i go to my girlfriends house, which has a wireless network with a Belkin router, i can connect and surf easily with my windows laptop, but when i try to use my macbook air on it, it connects to the network, so it cant be that the password is wrong. when i open up firefox, it loads my home page and maybe one other page, and then everything else after that, it says "waiting for" blah blah blah. every page. so basically it stops working. what could be wrong?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

have you tried restarting the router?

I know my netgear router sometimes wont allow random computers to connect properly while others connect fine. Restarting the router normally sorts the issue

something else to check would be if the router is set up only to allow specified mac address to connect -- of course that probably isn't the case

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Mine had initial connection issues with my linksys router so I switched to an Apple time capsule and no more problems.