Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: network help

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default network help
    so, i'm trying to get my new macbook to play along with our computer at work.

we've got a windows xp sp2 dell, and a linksys router.

I got internet but i can't seem to get file/printer sharing to work.

I setup my stuff at home, and it automatically found everything. all my networked stuff and files, printer.

I'm getting nothing here at work.

suggestions? i'm lost atm.

need a little more information...

are you trying to access windows network shares? if so, open finder, Go at the top menu, Connect to Server and type smb://serveraddresshere . if you need login/pswd, itll prompt for it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doobie0 View Post
    need a little more information...

are you trying to access windows network shares? if so, open finder, Go at the top menu, Connect to Server and type smb://serveraddresshere . if you need login/pswd, itll prompt for it.
    both. i'm trying to get my mac to talk our computer at work.

i think i've narrowed down the problem to being a windows home problem, as my sony laptop does the same exact thing.

its like there is no network. no networked printer, nothing. just picked up the linksys router, and internet and that's it.

seems tpugh. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    both. i'm trying to get my mac to talk our computer at work.

i think i've narrowed down the problem to being a windows home problem, as my sony laptop does the same exact thing.

its like there is no network. no networked printer, nothing. just picked up the linksys router, and internet and that's it.
    i have this same problem at home ! its simply because XP for some reason wont show up on my network! so what i have to do is connect SMB to it.. find the ip address of your XP comp and go to your desktop on mac.

Hit cmd+K and then enter in smb://ipaddress and you will be prompted for a user and password!! if you have a different solution i would love to know how it goes!!