+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Amazon Video on Demand service goes live for Macs

is a discussion within the

Leopard 10.5.X

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
Well, Amazon's video service is now finally available for Macs. I've used it a couple times on Windows (I don't like being tied to iTunes), and it works fairly well
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Amazon Video on Demand service goes live for Macs
    Well, Amazon's video service is now finally available for Macs. I've used it a couple times on Windows (I don't like being tied to iTunes), and it works fairly well on Windows.

A while back we noted that Amazon was planning to bring its video on demand service to the Mac. Well, it looks like they've finally flipped the switch because the service is now live.

Much like iTunes, they're selling TV shows as well as offering movies for purchase and rent. Unlike iTunes, it's a streaming rather than download service. Fortunately, they've got a number of free videos which will give you a sense of the quality of the service (which requires Flash).

Frankly, I'm a big fan of Amazon MP3, so it's good to see Amazon getting into the video business as well to put a little more competitive pressure on iTunes. I'm doubtful, however, that it will really affect the iTunes juggernaut.
    [via TUAW]
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome...its always good to have an alternative.