Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Iphone 4 CDMA Bad ESN Optionsis a discussion within the
Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhoneforums, a part of the
iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMAsection;
I know there a thousand threads like this, but none I have read specifically answer my questions. I bought an iphone 4 on craigslist with a bad ESN. 1. Is...
01-16-2013, 10:05 AM #1Iphone 4 CDMA Bad ESN Options
I know there a thousand threads like this, but none I have read specifically answer my questions. I bought an iphone 4 on craigslist with a bad ESN.
1. Is cleaning an ESN really this simple? They just swap the esn with an old verizon phones esn. Is this possible? I doubt it.
How to Change an ESN on Verizon | eHow.com
2. Can I use the geyver method? Or is that just to unlock the sim tray on the 4s?
3. Are there any good downloadable flashing tools that I can use at home?
4. Are sprint and verizon an option or is the phone limited to places like metropcs.
01-17-2013, 12:56 PM #2
it doesnt say they clean the esn its says if you bring in a different phone they will replace the old esn with the new esn for the other phone its just a phone swap not esn cleaning. dirty esn are either lost, stolen, or the bill wasnt paid
01-17-2013, 03:32 PM #3
2) That method is indeed only for GSM networks (e.g., it only unlocks the SIM tray).
3) See 1.
4) While the phone could technically be used on any CDMA network, I haven't found any CDMA network in the USA will accept an iPhone not purchased from them with an MEID they have record of.
01-17-2013, 03:36 PM #4
you can flash phones for different networks but if you have a diry esn on a network they will not activate it for you for that specific carrier this is why you need it flashed to another company
01-17-2013, 08:05 PM #5
Sprint doesnt flash phones from other carriers, so that is out of the question.
Thanks for the replies. Not sure what I'm going to do...
Last edited by algar32; 01-17-2013 at 08:07 PM.
01-17-2013, 08:23 PM #6
you can probably find someone other than a cell company to flash it for you theres people who do it just need to find the right one gl
01-17-2013, 10:49 PM #7