+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB?: BestBuy Warrenty Replacement now on iOS 6. SHSH Replacement, etc?

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Okay, here is my situation.... I currently have an iPhone 4 through Best Buy. Any damage done to the phone is handled through Rapid Exchange processing. The plus side to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default JB?: BestBuy Warrenty Replacement now on iOS 6. SHSH Replacement, etc?
    Okay, here is my situation....
    I currently have an iPhone 4 through Best Buy. Any damage done to the phone is handled through Rapid Exchange processing. The plus side to this is you have a new phone within days, in fact, my replacement phone was in-store in less than 20 hours.

I had 5.1.1 on the phone I brought in. I have the SHSH saved locally on this phone.

Unfortunately it was replaced with a new phone on iOS6. Tiny Umbrella says no other helpful SHSHs are registered. 5.0.1 or 5.1.1

The problem with my phone was headphone jack wasn't working, speaker phone wouldn't work (would mute myself when I turned on) and the charger port was starting to be hit or miss when charging.
    Definitely big problems.

SO... What can I do here...?
    Is it possible to take the SHSH and transfer it physically or somehow else onto the new iOS6 phone?
    Is it possible to downgrade another way..?
    Should I contact Best Buy and see if they can weed through and send me a 5.1.1 ..? Lol

Any help would be great, please..
    They still have my phone at their store currently.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can't use shsh from another device on a new device. The shsh u saved before is just for that one device. So u have to stay on 6.0 and wait for a untethered jb. Or I believe semitethered is out for 6.0 on the iPhone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wonderful.
    It's better having a half-working iPhone on iOS 5 than a fully working iOS 6.

Any better ideas?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Nothing else to do but jus wait sorry.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

By the way, just so everyone knows...

I contacted Best Buy in an attempt to have my phone re-replaced with one that hadn't been updated to iOS6 yet, and they said it was possible, but gave me an 800 # to Apple and said to call them, perhaps it'd be possible to do over the phone without having to ship my phone back out...

So I gave them a call, just to see what they'd say, and one tech let it slip..
    It IS possible to roll back your software version, they had to adjust a few things on the server end and he'd be more than happy to do it for the $200 tech plan. I politely declined and asked if he'd be willing to help anyway, and he told me I could download the software, but without the changes on their server end, it wouldn't do me any good.
    SO, what a crock, however, it is possible. Some of them are willing to do it for the almighty dollar.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tell them you need a decent map program or you might get lost and need to sue them for more than $200. See if that works. =)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djphrost View Post
    By the way, just so everyone knows...

I contacted Best Buy in an attempt to have my phone re-replaced with one that hadn't been updated to iOS6 yet, and they said it was possible, but gave me an 800 # to Apple and said to call them, perhaps it'd be possible to do over the phone without having to ship my phone back out...

So I gave them a call, just to see what they'd say, and one tech let it slip..
    It IS possible to roll back your software version, they had to adjust a few things on the server end and he'd be more than happy to do it for the $200 tech plan. I politely declined and asked if he'd be willing to help anyway, and he told me I could download the software, but without the changes on their server end, it wouldn't do me any good.
    SO, what a crock, however, it is possible. Some of them are willing to do it for the almighty dollar.
    So, you're saying some lowly customer service rep from Apple offered to "adjust a few things on the server end" which would allow you to downgrade your phone firmware? But only if you bought their $200 plan?

THAT SOUNDS LEGIT

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Third party iPhone repair companies exist in your city. They actually replace screens and buttons. Might cost you but it's done right then.