+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon iP4S Unlocked (Gevey Ultra S CDMA v1.6) for StraightTalk *Cannot Send Text*

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I have a weird situation or maybe similar situation like others using AT&T iPhone 4S v5.1 Unlocked by Gevey Ultra S v1.6 to use Tmobile USA. My Verizon iPhone 4S
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Verizon iP4S Unlocked (Gevey Ultra S CDMA v1.6) for StraightTalk *Cannot Send Text*
    I have a weird situation or maybe similar situation like others using AT&T iPhone 4S v5.1 Unlocked by Gevey Ultra S v1.6 to use Tmobile USA.

My Verizon iPhone 4S v5.0.1 JB (Modem Firmware: 2.0.12) & Unlocked using Gevey Ultra S CDMA v1.6
    (I did a Custom Restore using the Newest Redsnow for the A5 chipset with v5.0.1 SHSH)

After restored to v5.0.1 (Modem Firmware 2.0.12), I activated with a Verizon SIM Card (No Service).
    Then Jailbreak & Install SAM (repo.bingner.com)
    Then insert my StraightTalk SIM & Hacktivated

I then use iFunbox and deleted the following just like R-SIM II instructions:
    /var/wireless/Library (*deleted*) => carrier_310VZW_20404_11.2.plist
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundle/iPhone (*deleted folder*) => Zeppelin_US.bundle

Next install the FuriousMod for 4S CDMA. Reboot & wait 2-4min. Signal appear strong.
    Next I installed TetherMe & input all StraightTalk all the Data & MMS APN settings.

Everything seems to work as far as the 3G Data & Calling.
    However, I can ONLY Receive SMS text messages.
    Sending or Replying to SMS text message WILL NOT WORK. (Message Send Failure)

I did try the following fix:
    Check SMS Center Number:
    *#5005*7672#
    Setting Interrogation Succeeded
    Service Center Address
    +7

Update or Change SMS Center Number:
    **5005*7672*SMSCNUMBER#
    (StraightTalk +13123149810)
    (Tmobile USA +12063130004)
    (Tmobile USA +12063130003)

Changed the SMS Center Number to (StraightTalk +13123149810).
    Somehow when I check the SMS Center Number again it's still showing: +7
    *#5005*7672#
    Setting Interrogation Succeeded
    Service Center Address
    +7

Anyone experiencing this problems?
    (Still cannot send any Regular SMS text messages. iMessage Send & Receive works normally. Weird)
    Last edited by dtkool; 05-19-2012 at 04:17 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having the same problem, I'm in a foreign country with the gevey, which can make phone calls but can't send texts or use data.

Green Apple
    Thanks

you prob need to add the carrier apn's to the phone.. and sam doesn't work anymore so delete that (restore to default first) and just go with the gevey, follow the directions on there site, i had to do it 3 or 4 times before it worked make sure youve got data roaming on. and the furious mods adds the cellular data tab so you can edit your apns.. they need to be set to att.mvno and i'm guessing your not able to send sms cause they send via imessage and that requires data. your apn can be found on the back of the red activation card from ST.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I think I found the solution or at least I think it's the solution.
    For CDMA iPhone 4S Verizon v5.0.1 (SHSH) & Modem Firmware: 2.0.12

I think the main problem is GEVEY ULTRA S CDMA not working or blocked outgoing sms text msg.
    (This is the legit Gevey SIM from Applenberry website. Not Ebay)

Just an FYI: I have both Tmobile & StraightTalk.
    What I did was restore to a FRESH iPhone 4S Verizon v5.0.1 & Modem Firmware: 2.0.12
    (I did a Custom Restore using the Newest Redsnow for the A5 chipset with v5.0.1 SHSH)

After restored to v5.0.1 (Modem Firmware 2.0.12), I activated with a Verizon SIM Card (No Service).
    Then Jailbreak & Install SAM (repo.bingner.com)
    Then insert my TMOBILE USA SIM & Hacktivated

Next I used R-SIM II (Not using the Gevey Ultra S CDMA anymore)
    Next I installed TetherMe & input all Tmobile Data & MMS APN settings.

Everything is WORKING NOW.
    (Using R-SIM II to Unlock iP4S Verizon v5.0.1 & Modem Firmware 2.0.12)
    Yes I can SEND & RECEIVE sms text messages.
    My phone number format seems to be off or werd looking.

All functions 2G Internet, Send & Receive Regular SMS text message, & iMessage (Use AppleID)
    everything is working normal now. Hope this help others if they have the same problem.

Try to use R-SIM II or R-SIM III. (Gevey Ultra S CMDA seems to cause issue or prob)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey dtkool i finally found the answers your looking for, And i went through this tutorial, it works, trust me, this is a ginuine post. This guy knows his stuff.
    I have the same exact iphone and everything, and this guide got my iphone working perfect on T Mobile, you will just have to put the apn setting in for Straight talk instead of T Mobile. But anyways here is the post you need to follow;
    http://insanelyi.com/topic/10755-how...rier-settings/
    iHaKiOs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtkool View Post
    Im on 4s 5.1.1 with a Gevey ultra chip and i was not able to send out SMS's until now. However your advice regarding deleting these two files worked perfectly for me!! Thank you. I might add though that I used the app from cydia ifile to locate and delete the files and I needed to reboot the device after deleting both files for it to work. I can now send out SMS's perfectly. Regarding mms and data I just had to tweak the apn settings from my carrier.

Thank you so much!

UPDATE: This fix only worked temporarily. I believe that when i rebooted the iphone at a later point I lost the ability to send out SMS's. The files are still deleted, so im not sure why it only worked temporarily. anyone else have a permanent fix?

By the way I tried the link in the post above mine and that did not work for me.
    Last edited by Gm1644; 08-16-2012 at 07:14 AM.