+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: C-Spire jailbreak

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Hey all, I just have a quick question. After being on AT&T for the last 6 years and having jailbroken every iPhone I've owned since the original aluminum back 2g,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default C-Spire jailbreak
    Hey all, I just have a quick question. After being on AT&T for the last 6 years and having jailbroken every iPhone I've owned since the original aluminum back 2g, I am thinking of switching to C-Spire, which is a local network that services southern states. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with a jailbreak for this (CDMA) network, and if any other jailbreaks such as the Verizon CDMA jailbreak, etc. would work or would it have to be carrier specific? Thanks all for any help!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Jailbreaks aren't carrier specific at this point in time AFAIK. CDMA and GSM iPhones currently all use the same jb tools available.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Gotcha. So technically, the software used to do the Verizon or Sprint jailbreak should work. Any suggestion on which (if either) would be better?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

All tools do the same thing, they jailbreak. I don't think there's one better than the other, it's user preference. Especially on CDMA phones, where baseband preservation isn't a concern.

I like to use pwnagetool (Mac) and redsn0w depending on my mood. I'm not a fan of sn0wbreeze but many people need to use it on Windows especially for baseband preservation. But my top choice for both Mac and Windows is Redsn0w.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

westhirteen (03-20-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you so much!