+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: carrier change

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
How do i change my carrier on my verizon iphone 4 after i have already jailbroke it, and downloaded the theme with winterboard. after i hit respring nothing happens
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default carrier change
    How do i change my carrier on my verizon iphone 4 after i have already jailbroke it, and downloaded the theme with winterboard. after i hit respring nothing happens

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Consider the compatibility. If the theme you want doesn't specify if it'll work for iOS 5, or whatever fw you're on, it likely isn't compatible.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,297 Times in 5,963 Posts

This topic has been covered many times. None of the image tweaks work on Verizon phones. You are limited to mostly editing the text unless you how to edit the carrier.plist file to use images.

Update!

I have been using Zeppelin found on cydia and it works great!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 02-02-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    This topic has been covered many times. None of the image tweaks work on Verizon phones. You are limited to mostly editing the text unless you how to edit the carrier.plist file to use images.

Update!

I have been using Zeppelin found on cydia and it works great!
    What are you talking about? You can change the carrier name just the same as a GSM iPhone. Nothing is different. SBSettings, Sprungtomize, Fake Carrier, all those tweaks work.

There is not one tweak that does this that does not work on "ALL" devices. You have your information mixed up.

Zeppelin only makes carrier logos...

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,297 Times in 5,963 Posts

No, you have your info mixed up. Those tweaks that you mention will indeed change only the text. But if you want a themed logo you would have to edit the "carrier.plist" file to use a .png file. This is only on CDMA phones. So far, zeppelin is the best way to be able to quickly change a logo on a CDMA phone.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    No, you have your info mixed up. Those tweaks that you mention will indeed change only the text. But if you want a themed logo you would have to edit the "carrier.plist" file to use a .png file. This is only on CDMA phones. So far, zeppelin is the best way to be able to quickly change a logo on a CDMA phone.
    Oh I see....carrier "logo". The op didn't really clarify what he was talking about I guess. So I did indeed have my info mixed up...sorry.

However I do know one way put "logo" type images in the status bar via text input boxes provided by mentioned tweaks. VMOJI 4....

Proly wont have most people would want tho. But has some cool images.

However you cannot buy it...since Cydia says it is unknown whether it's compatible or not...(but it most certainly is) I had already paid for it so I had the option to install it.