+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps Won't Delete

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I can move my old icons (apple icons) but there is no X anymore and I can't delete them. I am very frustrated! I do not have lockdown so that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Apps Won't Delete
    I can move my old icons (apple icons) but there is no X anymore and I can't delete them. I am very
    frustrated! I do not have lockdown so that is not the problem. Anyone have any suggestions? And
    yes I have rebooted the phone many times. No luck. When I go into iTunes and delete them they are
    stil on my phone even after reboot. I also have some stuck on waiting that have been there for days.
    Please help before I go back to normal iPhone, I am just so frustrated!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Go to the store on your phone and search them and does it say installed?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Some do and I tried to delete them and reboot and they are still there. Some that are stuck in waiting do not show up. Im sorry that is in iTunes. Are you referring to the store in my iPhone where I buy music etc. If so, I could not find any apps in there only music, podcasts, etc. Can you tell me where to find it on my phone? Sorry but this is my first apple product.

Thanks

Try this one. On your phone go to settings>general>usage> That should list the storage the apps take up(it takes a minute to load it) See if the app is listed there. If it is then click on it and try to delete it there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so I figured something out. My kids were using my account for there iPhones and iPods and it was downloading thing that they chose like apps onto my phone also. Those are the ones that will not delete and no it will not delete under the settings>general>usage> either but the ones I installed will. So I made my kids get there own accounts but how do I fix the problem at hand, do you know? THanks so much for all your help!

Thanks

There is an option some where. not 100% right now that you can uncheck auto download purchased apps.

settings>store

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok you are beyond awesome!! That got rid of the ones that have been saying waiting now for days. But how do I delete the apps? I still do not get an X when I try to delete. Do you know how to fix that or what I can do different?