+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Notification Sound

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I searched, and couldn't find it...but is there any way to change my Facebook notification sounds on my iPhone 4S? I want my text messages to be the Tri Tone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Facebook Notification Sound
    I searched, and couldn't find it...but is there any way to change my Facebook notification sounds on my iPhone 4S? I want my text messages to be the Tri Tone Sound, and Facebook to be something else, but they are both the same now, and I don't know until I look which one it is.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

329 Views and no one knows how to do this?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Unless they have a tweak for this I don't think ya can

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default That would be dumb...
    If there was no way to differentiate between a SMS message and a Facebook push notification then this sucks. Right now my Text tone is set to "Tri-tone" so whenever I get a SMS text or a Facebook notification both play the same sound. There has to be a way to change either one or the other so I can differentiate between the two! Thanks for the reply 2k1.

Thanks

Grab a different SMS tone from Cydia. Facebook will still make the Tri-Tone sound. I've completely SSH'd the FB app off my phone and can't find that damn sound to change it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was having this issue and found a solution of sorts. This will probably affect other apps as well, but you can override the current tone for these notifications (on IOS5 at least) by adding Voicemail.caf to the /UISounds folder of a winterboard theme you are using. That will override the current tri-tone. I suppose replacing the Voicemail.caf in the actual iPhone UISounds folder would also work.

To make a "caf" file, convert the tone of your choice to an AIFF file (I use a Windows program called Audacity), then change the file extension to .caf

Thanks

The process is time consuming, but it can be done! I have changed all my notification sounds in my 4s! For instance my mail received is now "you got mail" and my sms is "excuse me boss you have a txt msg" and of course my fb notification is now "facebook message" and yes these are all spoken notifications!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deangalit View Post
    The process is time consuming, but it can be done! I have changed all my notification sounds in my 4s! For instance my mail received is now "you got mail" and my sms is "excuse me boss you have a txt msg" and of course my fb notification is now "facebook message" and yes these are all spoken notifications!!

The email and text notification sounds are easy to change. How did you change the Facebook notification sound??? Like the explanation above??

iPhone? More like MyPhone dsgalit's Avatar
    Thanks

Like i said its time consuming... But anyway, you need to dl "iPhone browser" on your desktop, open it click "go to" then "uisounds"! Now when ur there scroll down until u see "sms-received1.caf" this the tri-tone notification used on fb messages. Now look for a sound you want to replace it with, convert it to".caf", rename it to the above mentioned, delete and i do mean delete the original "sms-received1.caf" file and replace it with the one u created...!!! turn iphone off then on and u should be good to go... Let me know how it goes!!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kendalja View Post
    If there was no way to differentiate between a SMS message and a Facebook push notification then this sucks. Right now my Text tone is set to "Tri-tone" so whenever I get a SMS text or a Facebook notification both play the same sound. There has to be a way to change either one or the other so I can differentiate between the two! Thanks for the reply 2k1.
    You're wrong... If he has iOS 5.0+ he would be able to tell since a banner would go across the top of the screen... As far as changing the ringtone, There is no tweak and/or way to do that unless you moved stuff around in iFile, Sorry.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    You're wrong... If he has iOS 5.0+ he would be able to tell since a banner would go across the top of the screen... As far as changing the ringtone, There is no tweak and/or way to do that unless you moved stuff around in iFile, Sorry.
    Dont know if ur reply was for me but my sms and fb notifications r different! You need to do just that, play around with the file system until you find the right tone that sms or fb is using and replace them accordingly! I did it so i'm good!! Thats all i was saying anyway, that i did it... Hehehehe

Thanks

Lol bro. You absolutley have to play with the files, There are no tweaks to do change the ringtone, You gotta do it yourself You just have to take the ringtones from the system files, copy them, and pate them in one of the files under the Facebook.app in iFile. And by the way I wasn't talking to ya lol

Thanks

Ok guys this is it! Changing the fb push notification couldn't be easier!!! First of all convert the file that you wanna use into a .caf file format, rename it "voicemail.caf, next you'll need to be able to ssh into your phone, i use iphone browser. Anyway, once inside navigate to ui sounds and locate the "voicemail.caf" file and replace it with the one you converted. Reboot your phone and thats it...!! Your good to go.

Thanks

Good idea but you could also just copy the iPhone ringtones right off the system software and place them into the notifications folder via iFile

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    Good idea but you could also just copy the iPhone ringtones right off the system software and place them into the notifications folder via iFile
    True! but i was talking about a personalized tone, not one thats already there! 😜

Thanks

Oh I see. Yah that method will work if you're looking to do a customized tone

Thanks

Oh and by the way you would still have to convert it to a .caf format coz ringtones are in .m4r format...😃
    Last edited by deangalit; 04-05-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks

Yep

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Download PushTone. It'll allow you to change notif sounds for all your apps.

Thanks

He got it figured out bro He ain't even active on here anymore :/