+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do i backup my themes?

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Well I've recently bought a Dreamboard theme called OS X Lion off of Thethemeitstore. Do you know any good ways for me to backit up?
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default How do i backup my themes?
    Well I've recently bought a Dreamboard theme called OS X Lion off of Thethemeitstore. Do you know any good ways for me to backit up?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Ssh it over to ya Mac or pc

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wouldn't it take the theme off of Dreamboard tho?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Nah it shouldn't undid mine before on the pc. Just make a backup of it cause I lost my pc with a harddrive virus and lost all 30 dreamboard themes

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well I got SSH working now and what do i do to save them? Step by step guide please

Thanks

I think DreamBoard themes are located in "var/mobile/library/DreamBoard.............

I am not sure.........I cannot use DreamBoard (unfortunately).............................But this is how I backup my WinterBoard themes....................Backing up DreambOard themes just might be the same......(Either way..........There is no harm done in trying):

1)SSH in to phone via i-Funbox (I highly recommend you STAY AWAY from FTP wifi clients like WinSCP.....USB is just better in every single way.......Who the he** wants to "log in" every time they want to views iPhone's files.lol.............With USB, Ya just plug it in and instantly viewing files...However...........The choice is yours).

2)Once connected via SSH...........I would go to var/stash/themes...............................And then simply drag whatever i wanted to backup to my computer (but for you it would be var/mobile/library/DreamBoard)

Nothing you drag from phone to computer will be deleted.Only copied to your computer..........You will always have to confirm if deleting something

3) After restore.....................Install WinterBoard/DreamBoard.........The simply SSH the themes back to where you originally copied them from.............

Works for me with WB................................Hell of a lot better then downloading each theme from Cydia.lol

NOTE: If you do have root access, and i-Funbox says "jailed" beside devices name.....................You just need to install "afc2ad" from Cydia..................And reboot...
    Last edited by ZĄG; 01-13-2012 at 07:41 AM.