+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 4 won't JB!

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I tried to jb mine an it got hung up n dfu mode cause redsn0w said it couldnt jb the iphone 4s. All the sites need to let peps no
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried to jb mine an it got hung up n dfu mode cause redsn0w said it couldnt jb the iphone 4s. All the sites need to let peps no that the jb is for iphone 4g an not for iphone 4s. I thought i screwed up my new iphone not haven it a couple of weeks. So i had to use itunes to fix it. I jb all my iphones when i was with att. I had iphone 3 an 3g. Thats the reason i say the sites need to say its for iphone 4 only not iphone 4s. But after all that i did some reading an there sayin there will be a jb for iphone 4s n about week so im ready now i hope cause im haven hardware issues with new iphone 4s like they did when they 1st came out with the iphone 4g. Went back to verizon store an they said i had to put a case on phone to fix problem but i hope apple is goin to send me a working phone cause i didnt pay for a broken phone.

Thanks

I also was experiencing this issue. I KNOW I was in DFU mode, been doing this way too long now. I was working an iTouch 4g and was getting the regular reboot after it loaded the second stage. After selecting the IPSW then jailbreak it booted to the HD icon on the iTouch. Thanks again for the tip, I had to do this before a while back and slipped my mind to do that again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s0ulp1xel View Post
    You're holding the home button too long then.
    It "impossible" to hold the home button too long.............You can hold the home button the whole way through the process if you want.................It makes no difference whatsoever..................You can hold the sleep/power button too long tho..............That is critical.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beee_24 View Post
    I tried to jb mine an it got hung up n dfu mode cause redsn0w said it couldnt jb the iphone 4s. All the sites need to let peps no that the jb is for iphone 4g an not for iphone 4s. I thought i screwed up my new iphone not haven it a couple of weeks. So i had to use itunes to fix it. I jb all my iphones when i was with att. I had iphone 3 an 3g. Thats the reason i say the sites need to say its for iphone 4 only not iphone 4s. But after all that i did some reading an there sayin there will be a jb for iphone 4s n about week so im ready now i hope cause im haven hardware issues with new iphone 4s like they did when they 1st came out with the iphone 4g. Went back to verizon store an they said i had to put a case on phone to fix problem but i hope apple is goin to send me a working phone cause i didnt pay for a broken phone.
    First, what the heck is an iPhone 4g? I don't think that's even out yet. Don't give up on jail breaking and definitely don't take your iPhone to Verizon or Apple to help you with your Jailbreaking. You might want to acclimate yourself with iPhone "environment". You probably can't jailbreak because you have an incorrect firmware file. Make sure you have downloaded the correct ipsw firmware for the correct phone. Verizon is CDMA. Everyone can JB their white iPhone regardless of iPhone 4 or 4s. Secondly, you need the correct redsn0w version that will JB your build. Not all versions work with all builds. Make sure you have the latest version of reds0w.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

^^ An iPhone 4G is an iPhone 4. Make sure the Redsn0w version is correct.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12