+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (When the time comes) going from 4.2.10 JB to 5.0.1 Unteathered JB

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I am sure some where this has been posted but unfortunately I do not have much time on here to search! so please don't harass me. Thank you. OK so
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default (When the time comes) going from 4.2.10 JB to 5.0.1 Unteathered JB
    I am sure some where this has been posted but unfortunately I do not have much time on here to search! so please don't harass me. Thank you.

OK so as the title says, I will be updating to the new 5.0.1 UTJB BUT! I am not sure the process to get to that point.

So I ask all you knowledgeable people out there how do I do that? Do I need to restore my phone and update at the same time like if my phone was to "crash"? and then JB. Or do I need to restore to the current version I have now(like uninstall the JB) and then update to 5.0.1 and the JB?

Sorry if this seems like a repeat but I really cant afford to break my phone! or lose any data.

ALSO the only cydia app I currently have is MyWi and last time i had to redo my whole phone i was able to reinstall it with no problem. But on that note going to a whole new version, will have need to back it up?

THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL HELP! I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT

Thanks

It just came out today. Redsnow.com. Get it !!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Problem upgrading my iPhone 4 to IOS 5.0.1 to rejailbreak

and yes, you should be able to download mywi again, just login to your cydia account.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spyhawk View Post
    I am sure some where this has been posted but unfortunately I do not have much time on here to search! so please don't harass me. Thank you.

OK so as the title says, I will be updating to the new 5.0.1 UTJB BUT! I am not sure the process to get to that point.

So I ask all you knowledgeable people out there how do I do that? Do I need to restore my phone and update at the same time like if my phone was to "crash"? and then JB. Or do I need to restore to the current version I have now(like uninstall the JB) and then update to 5.0.1 and the JB?

Sorry if this seems like a repeat but I really cant afford to break my phone! or lose any data.

ALSO the only cydia app I currently have is MyWi and last time i had to redo my whole phone i was able to reinstall it with no problem. But on that note going to a whole new version, will have need to back it up?

THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL HELP! I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT
    Dude, stop being a total NOOB!!. You won't ever, EVER, mess up your phone after jail breaking. If it were to go wrong at some point, just reset or restore, that's all. There's steps all over this website and the net, in general, that will help you out. I am sure this website, that so many trust, won't put something out there that will mess phones up. Just jailbreak already.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not a noob but this jailbreak in particular has been giving me issues... I am now stuck with the apple logo on the screen with no way to restore to any usable firmware. Any restore tells me my device is "not eligible". Any suggestions??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OMGitsMOgo View Post
    I'm not a noob but this jailbreak in particular has been giving me issues... I am now stuck with the apple logo on the screen with no way to restore to any usable firmware. Any restore tells me my device is "not eligible". Any suggestions??
    This isn't possible. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and restore through iTunes. The newest version is 5.0.1, so it shouldn't give you any problems. After you restore successfully, then Jailbreak. I noticed my phone is giving me battery issues so I'm going to setup as a new phone as see if that solves the issue.

Thanks

I didnt have a previous jailbreak on mine but reds 0w worked perfect. Some cydia themes cause springboard to crash but no biggies. I did want to install backgrounder however the only version available caused it to crash immediately after install.