+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Carrier update affect jailbreak???

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
A friend of mine has a iPhone 4 on verizon that is currently jailbroken using Jailbreakme.com. She's been having a notification pop up recently that says there is a carrier
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Verizon Carrier update affect jailbreak???
    A friend of mine has a iPhone 4 on verizon that is currently jailbroken using Jailbreakme.com. She's been having a notification pop up recently that says there is a carrier update that she can update. As far as I know, this shouldn't have any affect on the jailbreak since it has to do with the carrier and not the firmware, but I would just like to be sure that I am right. Can anyone verify this for me or confirm my thinking??? I would hate to mess up her jailbreak and leave her with a stock iphone. Lol. Thanks!!!

Thanks

A carrier update has never caused problems for GSM phones and I have not heard of any problems with CDMA phones.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IslandGodz View Post
    A friend of mine has a iPhone 4 on verizon that is currently jailbroken using Jailbreakme.com. She's been having a notification pop up recently that says there is a carrier update that she can update. As far as I know, this shouldn't have any affect on the jailbreak since it has to do with the carrier and not the firmware, but I would just like to be sure that I am right. Can anyone verify this for me or confirm my thinking??? I would hate to mess up her jailbreak and leave her with a stock iphone. Lol. Thanks!!!
    Do the carrier update. It has nothing to do with your jailbreak or iOS. It helps your service. I know from experience. I have the Verizon 4 and I do it all the time.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Go ahead and do that update. I did it on mine and have no problems.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I second that.. I get carrier update messages on my verizon phone and mines flashed to metro pcs and its never harmed my flash or my jailbreak..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have never received a carrier update on my iPhone 4. Any reason why?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Batmanwh300 View Post
    I have never received a carrier update on my iPhone 4. Any reason why?
    Maybe one hasn't come out for your area. I believe it's all based on your region/area/location. I wouldn't worry about it if your phone works fine. If you do the *228 like your suppose to I don't think you'll get the message at all either.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.