+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tiny Umbrella 1013 Error

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I am trying to downgrade from 4.2.10 to 4.2.8. I have SHSH blob saved for 4.2.8 and it is recognized by TU. I have saved the 4.2.8 restore ipsw. So
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tiny Umbrella 1013 Error
    I am trying to downgrade from 4.2.10 to 4.2.8. I have SHSH blob saved for 4.2.8 and it is recognized by TU. I have saved the 4.2.8 restore ipsw.

So I put my phone into DFU mode (blank screen), start TSS server in TU, go to iTunes and option/restore - select the 4.2.8 ipsw and it says it is restoring to 4.2.8. I run the restore and the software installs but when the firmware install begins I get a 1013 error. I kick out of DFU mode, see the apple for a second then it goes into restore mode. I then have to restore back to 4.2.10 (after commenting out the host files added by TU). I have looked all over the internet but cannot find a solution to this. I have noticed that when I restore to 2.4.10 it restores with an upgrade each time, so I think it recognizes the 2.4.8 firmware. Can I JB with my phone possibly on 2.4.8 in the state of a failed downgrade in restore or DFU?

I am on a Macbook Pro running Lion. I am frustrated but my phone is safely running 4.2.10. I am thinking I may have to do a tethered JB with redsn0w. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Sounds normal. Baseband downgrade failure, which is expected. Have you tried in TU the "Fix Recovery" option, or go to thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com then download and run Fix Recovery?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I only seem to be able to get the "Exit Recovery" button to activate in TU. If I am not doing something to correctly activate it, please let me know as I am still learning about the iPhone JB, coming from verizon android. I did just download the "Fix Recovery" utility from thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot and I will give it a try. Thank you so much for your reply!

Thanks

Let me know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When I unzipped the "Fix Recovery" file there were two files Recovery43 and Recovery41. What is the verizon version I should use??

Thanks

I have no experience doing this at all, I usually use a custom firmware so ...

Exit iOS 4.3.3 Recovery Mode Loop Using TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) | Jaxov

Try this guide.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

You can also give the newest version of redsnow a shot, redsnow 0.9.9b1. Click on extras and choose "recovery fix" then follow the instructions.

https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

TVC430 (09-26-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will gladly be your verizon test experiment! I hopefully will do everything wrong and learn how to recover. I can post a Worst case scenario is tethered JB. Thanks Again!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had same problem with AT&T iPhone 4 I got it to work by closing every thing after downgrade was done and got 1013 or 1015 message the open fix recover exe folder and run it that did it for me hope this helps you out

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jaykain For This Useful Post:

TVC430 (09-26-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you Simon!

Thanks

Redsnow worked for you then I assume?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, unfortunatly it did not. I still get stuck in Recovery loop. From the youtube video's I have watched, everything seems to go normally, until I go into iTunes and my downgraded phone is not recognized with the new firmware. Still have the "phone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored" message.

Here is what I have done.

Start TU, select phone-select the 4.2.8 shsh blob, start TSS sever.

Go to iTunes option/restore-select the 4.2.8 restore ipsw and open (itunes says it is restoring to 4.2.8, restores software, when restoring firmware it kicks out into a 1013 error and goes into recovery mode.)

I go into DFU mode, close TU and iTunes - run Redn0w "Fix Recovery"(it seems to run normally from what I have seen on YouTube, I get the "process complete" in terminal.) - Back into Recovery Mode.

I go into iTunes and it says that my phone is in Recovery Mode and I have to restore. I tried going back into TU and "Exit Recovery" and get a brief apple logo - back into recovery mode - back into iTunes and still stuck in recovery.

I am currently back to 4.2.10 again - frustration - but fun trying.

Thanks

Not sure what to tell you. When I restored to 4.2.8, I was in the same position. But I restored to 4.2.8 multiple times over and over again until it didnt end up in recovery mode lol. Didn't do anything special, just used my SHSHs.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

TVC430 (09-26-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do you know how I can downgrade my iTunes? I read that it might be easier with a lower version in some cases. Also, what are the steps you take after "Fix Recovery" puts you back into recovery. Do you just go to iTunes to activate your phone? Mine still says I am in recovery mode? Thank you all for sticking with me here.

Thanks

Isnt there a snowbreeze version that can make a custom 4.2.8 firmware?

Thanks

I used the latest version, as always. I'm almost certain version doesn't make it more or less easy, unless we're talking like iPhone 3G downgrading to 2.0 or something. I would honestly just suggest to restore to 4.2.8 over and over again. It took me a few times of repetitive restoring to 4.2.8 and nothing else before it worked. Fix recovery didn't work for me either.

I'm tempted to go try this again...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Isnt there a snowbreeze version that can make a custom 4.2.8 firmware?
    I'm not sure, is there? I know for pwnagetool you'd use a custom bundle but I don't ever fiddle with extraneous things lol.

UPDATE: I just did a restore to 4.2.8 (stock) and it went into recovery mode (1013). Closed iTunes and TinyUmbrella, set it into normal DFU, then I ran Fix Recovery 421 and now it's up and running again. Don't know if you wanna give that a go but it just now worked for me.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-26-2011 at 06:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will try that, I chose 4.3. Thank you for continuing to help. Simon, what do you mean by making a custom 4.2.8 firmware? Does that erase my phone and just reinstall 4.2.8 without downgrading baseband?

Thanks

There is no 4.3 on Verizon iPhone.

Creating a custom firmware is just another way to jailbreak. Nothing will ever downgrade the baseband. A custom firmware is essentially the same thing as restoring, except it jailbreaks your phone at the same time without having to say run Redsn0w on it after the restore.

Thanks

A custom firmware doesnt have the baseband in it so you wont get the 1013 error if you use one. I did a quick google and it looks like there is a snowbreeze fro 4.2.8: How to do an untethered 4.2.8 or 4.3.3 jailbreak with Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 [Tutorial] | iPhoneBlogr.com

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

TVC430 (09-26-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I will try again. I will look into creating a custom firmware, but first I want to figure out the downgrade process. I am glad there is a verizon section because all of us who came from verizon are obviously noobs. Thank you i.Annie. I will report back in case anyone else might find this thread useful.