+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New to Verizon! Jailbreaking Question?!

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Hey everyone... I just got my Verizon Iphone 4 today. Have had a TMobile one for a long time. I would like to jailbreak this Verizon one and was wondering
    iPhone? More like MyPhone tjlamro's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default New to Verizon! Jailbreaking Question?!
    Hey everyone... I just got my Verizon Iphone 4 today. Have had a TMobile one for a long time. I would like to jailbreak this Verizon one and was wondering if it is the same process as jailbreaking one on TMobile or AT&T. What program should I use to jailbreak? What is the newest software out right now that I can jailbreak? Could I potentially jailbreak IOS 5 for this Verizon Iphone 4? It is currently running the OS 4.2.6 and FW 1.0.05

Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated as I feel I am really behind when it comes to Verizon and Iphones. I will be sure to thank anyone on here who helps! Thanks everyone!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Its running 4.2.6? Hmm, thats weird. I would think the CDMA iPhone's would be running 4.2.8 no matter where you get it. Anyway, if it is 4.2.6 and you want to stay there, use greenpois0n, but the results are mixed. I would update to 4.2.8 and use the latest redsn0w(0.9.6rc18). You can download it on the dev teams website. Every thing is the same. 4.2.8 can be jailbroken by redsn0w and sn0wbreeze.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yanks27ngoin For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (07-15-2011)

Thanks
    I need both redsnow and snowbreeze to jailbreak? Does redsnow make the custom firmware... is that why? Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

No. I guess I should have been more clear. The JB tools that have been officially released with 4.2.8 support are redsn0w and sn0wbreeze. You can install a custom FW made in sn0wbreeze through iTunes and run iREB on windows or fix-recovery421 on mac when you get an error later in the process. But a much simpler way would be to update/restore to stock firmware and jailbreak using redsn0w when pointing to that stock firmware.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yanks27ngoin For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (07-15-2011)

Thanks
    Ok so I've had my iPhone now for 3 months, this is my 1st, and have just fallen in love not only w/ phone but the community at large, not sure how I found ur app but it was early on and I've learned as much as possible since.
    Anyway my point is I have been debating jailbreaking for sometime, really only reason I haven't is time. I
    A full time student w/ fulltime job and I have given up my awesome group on irc who I've been involved with now over 4 yrs, I just do not have the time to constantly be online any longer. Also one of the huge,IMO,+'s of any apple device is it JUST WIRKS. I don't want to haver to constantly b messing with the device just so it'll run. I don't mind tweaking it, messing around, generally "playing w/it" but not bc it won't boot up or I lose 3G er cetra.
    I really hope this makes sense and someone can help me who is not as long winded as me, just wanted to b clear. Also I will need step by step instructions to jailbreak if that site by comex doesn't work for 4.2.8 CDMA. Which is the jist I've gotten, of course! VZW f#%^*+g us again!
    Thank u in advance!

Thanks
    Thanks for the help but I still havent JB yet because I wanted to know if it was possible for me to get IOS 5 on my Verizon Iphone? If so does anyone know where to download IOS 5 and maybe a guide to jailbreak with it if possible. The more information someone can give me the better. Anyone who helps will get thanked!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,227 Times in 6,987 Posts

I wouldnt suggest putting iOS5 on there if you want to jailbreak. It will be a tethered jailbreak and very little works on iOS5 from cydia right now and nothing will be updated to work with it probably until closer to the public release.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (07-15-2011)

Thanks
    Okay so are you saying I basically have a choice? Either jailbreak or put a fully working IOS5 on it because I may be willing to do without the jailbreak. However if IOS5 isnt really worth that then maybe I'll wait. Just trying to weigh my options here.

Thanks

iOS5 is nice, but still a bit buggy. So even not jailbroken it isnt going to run perfect. It's not that bad though. I have been running 5.0 since beta 1 and I am not going back.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (07-15-2011)

Thanks
    Okay... is it as easy as just downloading IOS5 from somewhere and going to Itunes and restoring my phone with it? If so where can I download it? You can PM me if thats easier. Thanks.

Thanks

You have to have ur idevice udid registered to a developer account.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to alxn91 For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (07-15-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alxn91 View Post
    You have to have ur idevice udid registered to a developer account.
    Thats really the only way to get IOS5 at this point?

Thanks

Yup, you need your UDID registered on a dev account. You also need itunes 10.5 beta3 to install iOS 5.0beta3, which you also need to download.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (07-15-2011)

Thanks
    Does it cost money/is it very complicated to get a UDID registered?

Thanks

Some people with dev accounts sell spots ranging from $2-10$, or so I seen.