+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLEASE can someone point me in the right direction to flash my i4?

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I have unlocked tons of iphones, but now I have a special request to flash a verizon iPhone 4 to metropcs. I have been reading stuff all week and still
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default PLEASE can someone point me in the right direction to flash my i4?
    I have unlocked tons of iphones, but now I have a special request to flash a verizon iPhone 4 to metropcs. I have been reading stuff all week and still couldnt figure it out. Can someone please point me in the right searching direction? Maybe a tool name or trusted website.. please !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Migue.Ford View Post
    I have unlocked tons of iphones, but now I have a special request to flash a verizon iPhone 4 to metropcs. I have been reading stuff all week and still couldnt figure it out. Can someone please point me in the right searching direction? Maybe a tool name or trusted website.. please !
    No tool or site will do that. Doesn't that require changing the ESN which is illegal?
    #pie.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hm, that I dont know thats why Im trying to find out. For what I've read some say a change of the ESN is needed, thus illegal. And some say its not too hard, and ESN change is not needed.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

There hasnt been much news on Verizon phones being flashed nor has there been many success stories. A couple of claims here and there but all leads to the resulting everything except data works. So even if it were to be done data wouldn't be included.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same I have found buddy. However; Ive seen them for sale already flashed on craigslist, I havent call tho. I may call someone tomorrow and see if they claim to be fully flashed with or without data.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No data!!!
    An ESN change is not required to flash it for talk and text, but data does not work, nor will it ever work until we can find a reliable way to "talk" to the chipset. The instructions for flashing the phone for talk and text have been discussed on these as well as other forums on many occasions. For detailed instructions...Search. A brief instruction follows.

1. Have an existing line with metro pcs.
    2. Dial *22804 from iphone and say "roaming list" at the prompt.
    3. Hang up after update.
    4. Dial *228 from iphone and say "switch my phone" at the prompt.
    5. Hang up.....enjoy.

edit* - Oops!!!...Don't forget to have your iphone ESN added to the metro database BEFORE following above instructions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey man thanks a lot !! So, I assume GPS will not work right? I have been searching since Monday man but couldnt find detailed instructions.