+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iOS 4.2.7 (Verizon iPhone) Untethered!

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
yeah im doing a restore on itunes entirely... lets see if it doesnt give me an error... guess i should of downloaded firmware first.. but i tried updating to 4.2.7
    Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah im doing a restore on itunes entirely... lets see if it doesnt give me an error... guess i should of downloaded firmware first.. but i tried updating to 4.2.7 from itunes on 4.2.6 jailbroken

its not letting me restore to factory settings on itunes... keeps giving me 1013 error what can i do?
    Last edited by Verizon iPhone 4; 05-02-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 14,749 Times in 6,860 Posts

Open tiny umbrella, click on advanced, deselect the box that says set hosts to cydia on exit. Click apply then close tiny umbrella and try the restore again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Verizon iPhone 4 (05-02-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

i tried put into DFU first that what tiny umbrella said to do ... i did deselect that box afterwards and clicked on apply hope that still works? im trying to restore again as we speak

thanks for the help Simon i was able to restore and im now at 4.2.7 im downloading firmware to jailbreak with snowbreeze.... anything else i need to do?
    Last edited by Verizon iPhone 4; 05-02-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

nope, just follow the guide and you should be ok.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks again simon does ireb-4 work better to put phone on DFU mode? or holding the buttons works better?

Thanks

Well you have to enter pwned DFU with snowbreeze/ireb/redsnow before you can restore to a custom firmware.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks for the help Simon im almost done restoring the phone with new jailbroken firmware! just gotta re add all my repos!!! lol hope theres nore more updates for a while! this was a pain at first

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Always remember. With iOS firmware the newest isn't always the best.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi. I'm new to jailbreaking. Can someone please help me. I have a white iPhone 4 with 4.2.7. And a mac Is there a guide for me I don't want to **** this up and lose a brand new phone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mdavie323 View Post
    Hi. I'm new to jailbreaking. Can someone please help me. I have a white iPhone 4 with 4.2.7. And a mac Is there a guide for me I don't want to **** this up and lose a brand new phone
    Download snowbreeze 2.6.1 from the site from OP then download the 4.2.7 firmware from the downloads tab above. once both have been downloaded then you open snowbreeze select the firmware you just downloaded (4.2.7.ipsw).... it click next it will verify if its the correct firmware.... once it does click on simple mode once it creates the new firmware it will save to desktop will be called (snowbreeze 4.2.7.ispw).... then you will need to put phone into dfu mode .. very simple to do just follow the snowbreeze instructions... once thats one open itunes it will say its in DFU you must restore click ok... finally press and hold shift then click on restore.. will ask u to pic custom firmware make sure u select the snowbreeze one that was just created.... then let it restore! once its finished you should now have cydia installed! hope this helps!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 735 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdavie323 View Post
    BTW, you can't mess up ur phone! If all else fails, you can just Restore it back to original. No worries!

Thanks

sn0wBreeze is windows only.
    Pwnage is the Mac tool and RedSn0w is Mac/Windows and a lot easier but neither Pwnage nor RedSn0w work with 4.27
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    sn0wBreeze is windows only.
    Pwnage is the Mac tool and RedSn0w is Mac/Windows and a lot easier but neither Pwnage nor RedSn0w work with 4.27

i was under the impression that redsn0w(mac/win) does work, but you have to use the 4.2.6 ispw. This is for a boot tethered jb. And once you are boot tethered, you load up cydia, add a repo, and get pushfix for 4.2.7

do i have that right?

http://iphoneblogr.com/2011/04/tethered-4-2-7-jailbreak-for-verizon-iphone4-using-redsn0w-0-9-6rc14/
    Last edited by theconejo; 05-04-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Added link

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theconejo View Post
    i was under the impression that redsn0w(mac/win) does work, but you have to use the 4.2.6 ispw. This is for a boot tethered jb. And once you are boot tethered, you load up cydia, add a repo, and get pushfix for 4.2.7

do i have that right?

Also i'm planning to jb a verizon phone for someone soon and had a quick (stupid) question. I back up the phone, then jb it. After that, to get all the info back on the phone my only option is to sync right? Just hoping he has all is info sync'd. I'd rather not have my friend lose a bunch of info.
    Your initial redsn0w jailbreak is correct. Those steps are the original way of getting an untethered 4.2.7 JB. Also, the method you explained allows you to 'upgrade' your friends phone w/out erasing any of his/her personal data!

The sn0wbreeze method creates a Custom Firmware that incorporates the untethered jailbreak and could preserve the baseband (if that even matters) BUT this method requires a complete Restore of the iPhone. In this case, all personal data is lost and has to be Backed Up and then Reloaded.

Go w/ the redsn0w method!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

theconejo (05-04-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does the method matter really since the device isnt jb? I would have to sync is info back either way right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theconejo View Post
    Does the method matter really since the device isnt jb? I would have to sync is info back either way right?
    No, if you upgrade their phone, it will keep everything on the device. Then you run redsn0w on top of the upgrade and it will install Cydia.

Redsn0w doesn't Restore/Update firmware; it just gives you the ability to install Cydia onto the device.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

theconejo (05-04-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hope someone can help me. I am running 4.2.6 and I am Jailbroken. I want to update to 4.2.7 without losing all of my apps, settings etc. I transferred all of my apps to Itunes and I backed up my Iphone in Itunes. What do I do next?

Any detailed instructions would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Thanks

Update to 4.27 jailbreak with RedSn0w as described above.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steveomatic View Post
    I hope someone can help me. I am running 4.2.6 and I am Jailbroken. I want to update to 4.2.7 without losing all of my apps, settings etc. I transferred all of my apps to Itunes and I backed up my Iphone in Itunes. What do I do next?

Any detailed instructions would be much appreciated!

Thanks.
    You will need to Google & download a copy of: 4.2.6 IPSW to use w/ redsn0w rc14

Then do what 'confucious' said

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am till confused. Is there anyway to give me step be step. My problem is not jailbreaking it is jailbreaking my 4.2.6 version that is already jailbroken.

Do I update first in Itunes and than jailbreak? if I do that will I lose all my apps and settings?

I really need step by step. All the instructions I have found do not specify what to do if I am already jailbroken on 4.2.6.

Thanks.