Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: 4.2.6 jailbreakis a discussion within the
Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhoneforums, a part of the
iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMAsection;
How in the hell do i do this? I cant find this firmware newhere!! T.I.A....
04-22-2011, 03:31 PM #14.2.6 jailbreak
How in the hell do i do this? I cant find this firmware newhere!! T.I.A.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dstennett8 For This Useful Post:
04-22-2011, 04:15 PM #2
The Following User Says Thank You to Tperry For This Useful Post:
04-22-2011, 04:21 PM #3
I did and all they have under there downloads is the 4.2.1 and its a RC6.1 everytime i try to jailbreak it my screen goes white and i think its about to work then it says jailbreak failed..
04-22-2011, 08:28 PM #4
If you go to cultofmac.com and do a search for jailbreaking...they have a step by step guide on how to do it.
And there is plenty of videos on youtube on how to do it.
Last edited by turkey26; 04-22-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: typo
04-23-2011, 02:11 AM #5
One thing I have found is you MUST have an internet connection on the computer doing the jailbreak.
This is taken directly from their blog:
1. Remember greenpois0n is not and unlock it is a jailbreak (if you are unsure of the difference, stop now and become friends with google)
2. Download and extract greenpois0n from the .zip and start greenpois0n.
3. Attach your iPhone, iPad or iPod to your computer and click ‘Jailbreak’.
4. Greenpois0n will now commence its DFU guide, if you know how to put your device into ‘DFU Mode’ you can do this at your own speed and greenpois0n will acknowledge a successful DFU operation.
5. Press ‘Jailbreak’ and let greenpois0n do its thing, you will see wonderful lines of text scroll on your screen to assure you that something is happening.
6. After a few seconds greenpois0n will display a ‘complete’ message, the greenpois0n injection is complete and wait for your device to reboot automatically.
7. Once your device has rebooted make sure you have an active internet connection, locate and press the ‘Loader’ icon on your device, this will download cydia and install it for you, once it has done this your device needs to reboot one more time.
8. Your done! Enjoy
Last edited by Tperry; 04-23-2011 at 03:10 AM.
04-23-2011, 06:05 AM #6
Look i jailbroke my ipod touch and everything went smoothly, but when i restarted my device cydia wasn't there :S plz help... I was wondering how to install cydia manually. Please help
04-23-2011, 02:55 PM #7
What did you use to JB it with?
I faintly remember that some people using GP had this problem, and it resolved itself by re-jailbreaking.
04-23-2011, 02:57 PM #8
I figured out what it was. My itunes wasnt updated to 10.2
04-24-2011, 11:06 AM #9
04-28-2011, 05:14 PM #10
I have a loader icon but when I click it it worn boot. Just zooms the screen in like it does with any other app then the app crashes. Any help?
04-28-2011, 07:02 PM #11
04-28-2011, 10:33 PM #12skinny64Guest
Redsn0w will also jailbreak 4.2.6
Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi