+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.2.7 jailbreak?

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
yeah, like i said in my original post on this, the restore forced me to upgrade to 4.2.7 and now iTunes give me the 1013 error. bassvictim's comments, i believe,
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    yeah, like i said in my original post on this, the restore forced me to upgrade to 4.2.7 and now iTunes give me the 1013 error. bassvictim's comments, i believe, were a remedy to that issue. again, i will report my findings back to the community.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Right there are two options for 4.2.6. To jb or to run fix recovery. On 4.2.7 like you said fix recovery is likely the a way (or using custom fw)

skinny25
    I just told you what to do! 1013 is just a baseband error. What u don't understand about it

I have a Verizon iPhone and I know what I'm talking bout I just did it last night and plenty of times before that

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Greenpois0n will jb 4.2.6 just fine. The reason to run it after restore and getting 1013 is bc greenpois0n will get you out of recovery mode.
    I meant to say 4.2.7

Fix recovery will fix if ur going back to 4.2.6 or updating to 4.2.7. If you want step by step help just PM me
    Last edited by skinny25; 04-29-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yeah you already said that. I was just confirming what you said and re-evaluating that on 4.2.6 there's fix recovery, custom fw (with SHSHs) or greenpois0n. And on 4.2.7 there's the fix recovery or custom fw but no GP.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny25 View Post
    I meant 4.2.7 and you don't have to jailbreak to get pass 1013. Just use fix recovery
    http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do...overy-win.zip#
    http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do...covery-osx.zip

Links for Mac and PC I don't know which one u have. Before you run the program put your phone in DFU mode. You will get the GP blacks screen BUT it's not jailbreaking its just fixing recovery. Or you can go to Tinyumbrella advance tab and uncheck set Cydia hosts for a clean apple restore
    I also tried tiny umbrella, but I can try again. at this point, I'm desperate.

...oh, and i'm working on a mac

here is where i found the 4.2.6 firmware:

iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

Quote Originally Posted by Bassvictim View Post
    Do the tethered jailbreak via redsn0w,and once you have cydia installed,open the loader app. it will now open intead of just crashing. select the option to remove the loader app. reboot and loader will be gone. Once you have it removed, then you can restore via itunes,and be on unjailbroken 4.2.7
    You need to DL 4.2.6 ipsw, and the latest version of redsn0w. Follow the directions thru redsn0w,and you'll be good to go.
    didn't work..sorry. still got 1013 error.
    Last edited by quicknight; 04-29-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

skinny25
    Dude I told you what to do when u get 1013 error! WTF?

Thanks

maybe you should try using a custom firmware.

skinny25
    Since ur on a Mac download this http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do...covery-osx.zip when u get 1013 error put ur phone in DFU Mode and open this program and let it do it's thing. It will open terminal and you can everything it's doing. Not hard at all

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Since ur on a Mac download this http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do...covery-osx.zip when u get 1013 error put ur phone in DFU Mode and open this program and let it do it's thing. It will open terminal and you can everything it's doing. Not hard at all
    i get two programs: fixrecovery43 and fixrecovery421.

which one should i use?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default try this method...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rmlmlb For This Useful Post:

quicknight (04-29-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ok, i tried 421 and when i tried itunes, i got 1013 again. am i wrong in assuming that the apple retail store won't try and restore this phone when i return it? if i void the warranty, then how can i exchange?

Quote Originally Posted by rmlmlb View Post
    ok, just to clarify, it says updating to "4.2.1," but you said it worked for you on VZW ip4 with 4.2.7, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassvictim View Post
    Do the tethered jailbreak via redsn0w,and once you have cydia installed,open the loader app. it will now open intead of just crashing. select the option to remove the loader app. reboot and loader will be gone. Once you have it removed, then you can restore via itunes,and be on unjailbroken 4.2.7
    You need to DL 4.2.6 ipsw, and the latest version of redsn0w. Follow the directions thru redsn0w,and you'll be good to go.
    redsn0w does not allow me to boot tethered AND install cydia. it toggles between the two selections.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    maybe you should try using a custom firmware.
    are these custom firmwares? iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

that's what i'm using....

Quote Originally Posted by rmlmlb View Post
    you win the prize! your fix worked! THANKS A MILLION! off 2 get my white (albeit thicker, lol) iPhone 4!
    Last edited by quicknight; 04-29-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

Thought you were just trying to get rid of the loader app so you could return the phone to stock state - didn't realize you were getting the 1013 error. My fix was assuming that you used Greenposi0n to try and JB 4.2.7, in which case WILL install loader app, but won't work. When you use Redsn0w,and do the tethered JB - it will install Cydia,then you can open the loader app,(installed from the greenpois0n JB previously)and choose to remove loader. Return to itunes and restore as normal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any word on a untethered jailbreak? Has anyone contacted the jailbreak groups? It should be a pretty quick upgrade.

Thanks

To restore to stock and get rid of the installer icon all you need to do is put the phone in DFU mode and restore in iTunes.

I wouldn't trust anything from Redmondpie.com

Sn0wBreeze has been released for an untethered JB of 4.2.7 but, as ever, SB is not a fully patched JB so if you are on 4.2.6 with GP - stay there!

If you are already on 4.2.7 with RedSn0w then I would stick with it but if you really need untethered then use SB - but please be aware that it is not a fully patched JB and some things may not work.

I have just been informed that it is fully patched so shouldn't be a problem My apologies to iH8Sn0w.
    Last edited by confucious; 04-30-2011 at 06:03 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123