+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.2.7 jailbreak?

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Originally Posted by slumpey326 so I would have to retether each time I boot the iphone or it wont start up, correct? Correct. every time you power off,or reboot -
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slumpey326 View Post
    so I would have to retether each time I boot the iphone or it wont start up, correct?
    Correct. every time you power off,or reboot - you will have to run redsn0w and select tethered boot to get ya back up and running. Make sure you're by your computer when installing programs from cydia!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bassvictim For This Useful Post:

ross3131 (04-28-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I hope somebody comes out with a jailbreak soon for the 4.2.7 update...I didnt realize before I updates my phone there wasn't a jailbreak for it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenniferdiane01 For This Useful Post:

ross3131 (04-28-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am using redsnow's and it is not that bad, besides the tethering thing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to slumpey326 For This Useful Post:

ross3131 (04-28-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It works just fine for me. Have not had any crashes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dk975 For This Useful Post:

ross3131 (04-28-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah i dont like to mess around with tether jailbreaks ill just wait till untethered comes out.... hopefully greenpoison that was simple to use

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Verizon iPhone 4 For This Useful Post:

ross3131 (04-28-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Can't reverse my greenpois0n jb to factory...HELP!
    I think I may have inadvertently "tethered" my jailbreak or something...I bought my VZW iP4 from the Apple retail store on the 10th,then jailbroke it with greenpoison. Everything was fine. Today, I attempted to restore it to factory condition and do an exchange since Apple now gives 30 days with no restocking fee in the retail store. But when I tried to restore with iTunes I got the 1013 error (ok, it's actually rebooted and isn't asking for a tether) and its apparently updated to 4.2.7, but I can't git rid of the loader program which installs Cydia. Of course, I can't return it to Apple like that, so it looks like I'm stuck with the black version which isn't the end of the world except that I've essentially voided my warranty because now I can never take it to the Apple store for support. White iP4 aside, anyone know of a way to reverse this? I've tried Tiny Umbrella, but from what I can tell, this was something that I should have used before greenpoision to save the SHSH files.

Any advice?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to quicknight For This Useful Post:

ross3131 (04-28-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quicknight View Post
    I think I may have inadvertently "tethered" my jailbreak or something...I bought my VZW iP4 from the Apple retail store on the 10th,then jailbroke it with greenpoison. Everything was fine. Today, I attempted to restore it to factory condition and do an exchange since Apple now gives 30 days with no restocking fee in the retail store. But when I tried to restore with iTunes I got the 1013 error (ok, it's actually rebooted and isn't asking for a tether) and its apparently updated to 4.2.7, but I can't git rid of the loader program which installs Cydia. Of course, I can't return it to Apple like that, so it looks like I'm stuck with the black version which isn't the end of the world except that I've essentially voided my warranty because now I can never take it to the Apple store for support. White iP4 aside, anyone know of a way to reverse this? I've tried Tiny Umbrella, but from what I can tell, this was something that I should have used before greenpoision to save the SHSH files.

Any advice?
    Do the tethered jailbreak via redsn0w,and once you have cydia installed,open the loader app. it will now open intead of just crashing. select the option to remove the loader app. reboot and loader will be gone. Once you have it removed, then you can restore via itunes,and be on unjailbroken 4.2.7
    You need to DL 4.2.6 ipsw, and the latest version of redsn0w. Follow the directions thru redsn0w,and you'll be good to go.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bassvictim For This Useful Post:

quicknight (04-28-2011), ross3131 (04-28-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default ???
    Quote Originally Posted by ross3131 View Post
    oopss.. you have prob now.. u need to go for an iphone repair store.. i believe it is a good idea..
    are you saying you tried the steps that bassvictim suggested and they didn't work??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@quicknight- Are they exchanging phones still even though its a 14 day period on verizon? I purchased mine on the 4th and would swap to the white one if that's the case. haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quicknight View Post
    are you saying you tried the steps that bassvictim suggested and they didn't work??
    That method works, because I did it myself with no issues. He tried jailbreaking 4.2.7 with greenpois0n,which will say it did jailbreak,and install the loader app, but when you try to open loader, it crashes instantly. If you do the redsn0w method, you will then be able to open the loader app,it won't install Cydia, it will error out if you try. But you can edit from within the loader app to remove loader. After that, you can restore as normal.

skinny64
    Just use the latest redsn0w. It will give u a white cydia icon. Run redsn0w again and uncheck install cydia and check boot tether. If u install mobile substrate YOU WILL have to boot tether everytime u reboot ur phone. You can respring with no problem though. Oh yea u have to point redsn0w 4.2.6 when it asks u to browse for the firmware

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andino93 View Post
    @quicknight- Are they exchanging phones still even though its a 14 day period on verizon? I purchased mine on the 4th and would swap to the white one if that's the case. haha
    if you bought it from verizon, "no." if you bought if from apple...he!! yea!

i did end up going into the apple store to take a look at the white ip4s. when i inspected the settings i noticed that they were running 4.2.7 with modem firmware 1.0.06 while mine is running 1.0.05 i am going to try the suggested procedure by bass to see what it gives me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassvictim View Post
    That method works, because I did it myself with no issues. He tried jailbreaking 4.2.7 with greenpois0n,which will say it did jailbreak,and install the loader app, but when you try to open loader, it crashes instantly. If you do the redsn0w method, you will then be able to open the loader app,it won't install Cydia, it will error out if you try. But you can edit from within the loader app to remove loader. After that, you can restore as normal.
    thanks, BV, I hope it works, but the downside is that i'm going to have to wait for the untethered JB since the white model is running 4.2.7....

Quote Originally Posted by Bassvictim View Post
    Do the tethered jailbreak via redsn0w,and once you have cydia installed,open the loader app. it will now open intead of just crashing. select the option to remove the loader app. reboot and loader will be gone. Once you have it removed, then you can restore via itunes,and be on unjailbroken 4.2.7
    You need to DL 4.2.6 ipsw, and the latest version of redsn0w. Follow the directions thru redsn0w,and you'll be good to go.
    I can get all those DLs here, right?
    Last edited by quicknight; 04-29-2011 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

skinny64
    If ur on 4.2.7 all u need is latest redsn0w and 4.2.6 firmware. When redsn0w finish the jb u will have white Cydia icon that won't open. Just run redsn0w again and check boot tether and it will good from there

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny64 View Post
    If ur on 4.2.7 all u need is latest redsn0w and 4.2.6 firmware. When redsn0w finish the jb u will have white Cydia icon that won't open. Just run redsn0w again and check boot tether and it will good from there
    this would be redsn0w 0.9.6rc14: according to the dev-team blog (Dev-Team Blog)

i found greenpois0n RC 6.1 at Greenpois0n.com

skinny25
    Greenpois0n will not jailbreak 4.2.6. You will have root access tho. What's da point of jb without Cydia

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny25 View Post
    Greenpois0n will not jailbreak 4.2.6. You will have root access tho. What's da point of jb without Cydia
    i'm not trying to jailbreak. trying to restore to factore (to return to apple). but apparently i have to jailbreak to bypass 1013 error.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Greenpois0n will jb 4.2.6 just fine. The reason to run it after restore and getting 1013 is bc greenpois0n will get you out of recovery mode.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Greenpois0n will jb 4.2.6 just fine. The reason to run it after restore and getting 1013 is bc greenpois0n will get you out of recovery mode.
    already tried that. didn't work! going to try it in combo with redsnow as bassvictim advised. will report results back here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It might take a few tries to get GP to work, I had to do it like 5 times on a friend's phone. But regardless, if on 4.2.7 it wouldn't work only on 4.2.6.

skinny25
    I meant 4.2.7 and you don't have to jailbreak to get pass 1013. Just use fix recovery
    http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do...overy-win.zip#
    http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do...covery-osx.zip

Links for Mac and PC I don't know which one u have. Before you run the program put your phone in DFU mode. You will get the GP blacks screen BUT it's not jailbreaking its just fixing recovery. Or you can go to Tinyumbrella advance tab and uncheck set Cydia hosts for a clean apple restore