+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Iphone 4 JB & MyWi Tethering Fee??

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Hey i been looking through cydia apps and i came a cross MyWiFi and i was wondering if i didnt sign up for the tethering plan extra $20 and i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Verizon Iphone 4 JB & MyWi Tethering Fee??
    Hey i been looking through cydia apps and i came a cross MyWiFi and i was wondering if i didnt sign up for the tethering plan extra $20 and i use this does it make a my monthly bill more biggger then usually for sharring my Iphone connection to my laptop ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes it does charge u for using the 3G if u have Wifi router at home u can use it by connecting it to wifi..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

MyWi is a one time $20 fee for tethering wirelessly, through USB, as well as Bluetooth.

If you have an unlimited data plan, no extra charges will incur when using mywi. If you have a capped data plan, you are using your data that you are allocated monthly. So watch how much you tether bc you can use up quite a bit of data by tethering (depending on what you do) but there will not be extra fees for mywi after your one time payment of $20 or on your phone bill.

Be aware, AT&T is now targetting tethering users with unlimited data plans that don't have an official tethering plan (but it only seems like people who use a lot of data like 20-50GB a month are getting plan changes/notifications) so don't use too much.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 856 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    MyWi is a one time $20 fee for tethering wirelessly, through USB, as well as Bluetooth.

If you have an unlimited data plan, no extra charges will incur when using mywi. If you have a capped data plan, you are using your data that you are allocated monthly. So watch how much you tether bc you can use up quite a bit of data by tethering (depending on what you do) but there will not be extra fees for mywi after your one time payment of $20 or on your phone bill.

Be aware, AT&T is now targetting tethering users with unlimited data plans that don't have an official tethering plan (but it only seems like people who use a lot of data like 20-50GB a month are getting plan changes/notifications) so don't use too much.
    Like i.Annie said, use tethering conservatively. Do not download files if u can avoid it and you'll be fine. MyWi is one of the best reasons to jailbreak!!!

Thanks

Yes I very much so agree about not downloading things. Large files eat a ton of data. For instance a movie, a large program, games, etc. I easily go through 1GB downloading a rom for psx4all, so I try to do it on wifi so that I don't abuse Verizon's data. I like having unlimited, but I don't want to be flagged for being a data hog, hopefully Verizon won't be doing what AT&T is any time soon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Grandmaster221 (03-29-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

i was wondering...everytime i use MyWi...the 3G icon turns into a WiFi icon and idk if it's auto-connected to the nearest WiFi that it knows or that's just how the app works? anyone have this problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Yes I very much so agree about not downloading things. Large files eat a ton of data. For instance a movie, a large program, games, etc. I easily go through 1GB downloading a rom for psx4all, so I try to do it on wifi so that I don't abuse Verizon's data. I like having unlimited, but I don't want to be flagged for being a data hog, hopefully Verizon won't be doing what AT&T is any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazakFunky View Post
    Yes it does charge u for using the 3G if u have Wifi router at home u can use it by connecting it to wifi..
    thanks for respones and the WiFi thing is that i have 4 devices connected to my router my ps3, laptop, computer and ipod touch they all can connect fine but not the verizon iphone i exchanged mine for another one and same problem and cant connect so i think its my router..

Thanks

Oh, well mywi I don't think is what you're looking for. MyWi broadcasts your phone's data so other devices can connect to your phone's data not vice versa.

Have you tried resetting your router? I had a laptop that can't connect to my netgear router but can connect to a linksys router but all other devices I own connect to the netgear just fine. So I'm inclined to believe your device like my laptop is the issue as well. Might try resetting your router completely and setting it up as if new to see if that helps.