+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ADDING SOURCES ON JB VERIZON iPHONE 4???

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Hey everybody, I just JB a verizon iPhone 4 for a buddy of mine using GP RC6 and everything went well, until I went to add sources on cydia and
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ADDING SOURCES ON JB VERIZON iPHONE 4???
    Hey everybody, I just JB a verizon iPhone 4 for a buddy of mine using GP RC6 and everything went well, until I went to add sources on cydia and it will not add the default sources in the repository section nor can I add user created sources. When I add them it just says verifying URL until it cones up "Did not find repository" and in the repository sections it always gives me an error and never installs them. Somebody please help. Do I need to JB on a fresh restore? I've done the initial update in cydia and everything. Not sure what's going on. I have iPhone 4/AT&T and I've never had this issue....

Thanks

make sure your typing the sources correctly
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Um...yeah I am. I've used these sources for years now. If u read the entire post you'd know that even the sources in the REPOSITORY SECTION will NOT INSTALL.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm having the same problem and it sux

Thanks

Ok I figured out that if you are on the verizon wifi it works fine. It's just when it's on verizon 3G. But later this afternoon (after I had rebooted the device about 20 times it started working fine on the 3G network, after I turned the data roaming on which will not charge extra as long as youre basically in the country (US). So I'm not sure but I got his phone working perfect with the GO RC6 JB. The MMS even works fine. So idk what happened. I heard that verizon changes the direction of their satellites at certain times of day so I wonder if that didn't have something to do with it also cuz he couldn't get mail or anything this morning on 3G before the JB.

Thanks

Are you kidding me? Now we have to worry about this advertising crap in our forums! SOMEBODY SHOULD BURN YOU AT THE STAKE for posting that mess! I hate people like that! The best part of those people ended up in their daddy's come rag!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

It's not a person, it's a computer. And we have been dealing with them for year, you just noticed
    The main problem users have with adding sources is the auto-correct on your iPhone changing spelling or adding caps. That why z3r01 said what he said.... It's called a suggestion.

Thanks

I understand it's a suggestion but I wasn't "MANUALLY" adding the cydia given repositories. Im sorry, not only manually adding. But whatever, the situation is solved. And YES, that's the first time I've seen that advertising crap. I swear it's taking over. Ridiculous!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Solved! How about you give back and tell us how? Why? What you did? If anything. This thread could help others....

Thanks
    Thanked 15,197 Times in 6,977 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Are you kidding me? Now we have to worry about this advertising crap in our forums! SOMEBODY SHOULD BURN YOU AT THE STAKE for posting that mess! I hate people like that! The best part of those people ended up in their daddy's come rag!
    Just press the little report button and we will clean it up

Thanks

thanks!