+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon iPhone + Greenpois0n Loader No Cydia

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I am trying to jailbreak a Verizon iPhone. I used Greenpois0n, everything goes smoothly. Go to the loader app, open it and there is no Cydia. Now I know on
    Thanks

Default Verizon iPhone + Greenpois0n Loader No Cydia
    I am trying to jailbreak a Verizon iPhone. I used Greenpois0n, everything goes smoothly. Go to the loader app, open it and there is no Cydia. Now I know on the AT&T phone you run redsn0w over GP to install Cydia, but on the Verizon iPhone Redsn0w doesn't recognize the 4.2.6 firmware.

I tried using the 4.2.1 firmware but the phone got stuck on "waiting to reboot"

I Googled the hell out of this but can't find answer. Does anyone have a workaround? Or is there a way to install Cydia manually using ifunbox?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

John

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

try restore and use latest greenpois0n. I jailbreak my phone at least 10 times and no problem at all

GreenPois0n
    Last edited by b00st4ddicted; 02-22-2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm having the same issue....

Thanks

I can't really restore because it's my cousin's phone and she's visiting from out of town. Her iTunes is back home... . So I was wondering if there were any other solutions.

The phone did jailbreak, but I can't install Cydia. Trying to find if there's a way to install cydia using ssh/iFunbox.

That would solve all my problems.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i doubt it ... need to re-jailbreak

weird ... cydia just showed up.... after a day... a couple restarts but it had been awhile since the last one...
    Last edited by The Gunslingers; 02-23-2011 at 01:32 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Try running the latest redsn0w beta over it, without restoring or anything. That's what I did!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I had a similar problem but as it turned out I was running 4.2.5 so be aware of what iOS your on. It jailbroke but cydia wouldnt install

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kraziebone For This Useful Post:

MIle882 (03-24-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Try to rejailbreak it using GreenPois0n but this time after it's shut off and you go through the steps of DFU mode, continue to hold down the home button the entire time until it's finished jailbreaking. I did this on my buddies iPhone from Verizon and Cydia appeared in Loader after.

Hope it helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Doesn't your wifi have to be turned on? I read that somewhere enabled mine and all was good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ab6324's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBoyOhFour View Post
    Try to rejailbreak it using GreenPois0n but this time after it's shut off and you go through the steps of DFU mode, continue to hold down the home button the entire time until it's finished jailbreaking. I did this on my buddies iPhone from Verizon and Cydia appeared in Loader after.

Hope it helps.
    GreenPois0n worked perfectly for my iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.6 on Verizon. I held the home button down until the program displayed a "close" option on my laptop.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've jailboken probably 10 different AT&T iPhone's. But I can't for the life of me get my buddy's Verizon phone into udf mode. I understand that I need to hold the home button until the jailbreak is done but I can't even get that far. By the way it's 4.2.6. Can anyone help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Are both buttons working?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes it's a brand new phone. Also just tried it again. I got the jailbreak to say it completed but I had no loader on the screen.

Thanks

It needs a restore. If the jb had put the loader on the Springboard but Cydia isn't available for download in the loader or it fails to download, you need to restore to a clean stock firmware and do it all over. I usually don't have problems as I jb about 10 iPhone 4's this past month and only the last one presented me with a problem.

The problem was I would try to install Cydia from the loader, it would finish awfully quick, but Cydia never shows up. Then it tells me Cydia has already been installed. Same with your issue, no Cydia present, running GP on it again and again won't work, the jailbreak process had already been completed once before.

So I probably restored about 5 times before I got GP to work on that phone. I never had to do that on any other phone but some are difficult, like the one you're trying to jb

So the best advice I can give is to whenever possible, restore and jb again. I can almost guarantee simply attempting to run GP on it over and over again in the state that it's in won't work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Excellent advice thank you so much. As soon I get a chance I'll try that and let you know what happens.

Thanks

Yeah just be persistent. Can't tell you how frustrated I was after the 3rd restore, but it will happen eventually