+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS Not working after Verizon iPhone 4 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I have searched and searched and can't seem to find any information how to fix this... Basically I bought a Verizon iPhone 4 yesterday and updated it to iOS 4.2.6
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default MMS Not working after Verizon iPhone 4 Jailbreak
    I have searched and searched and can't seem to find any information how to fix this...

Basically I bought a Verizon iPhone 4 yesterday and updated it to iOS 4.2.6 and used the new Greenpois0n jailbreak software to JB it.

It worked perfectly everything went off without a hitch, but I just noticed MMS is no longer working. I can't send or receive MMS messages.

All the searching I have found just tells me how to enable mms on t-mobile or is outdated referencing a different jailbreak.

Any help would be much appreciated!

(also I have not tested facetime since I have no friends with an i4, but I'm assuming its broke as well)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Galrash For This Useful Post:

Qalandari (02-16-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galrash View Post
    I have searched and searched and can't seem to find any information how to fix this...

Basically I bought a Verizon iPhone 4 yesterday and updated it to iOS 4.2.6 and used the new Greenpois0n jailbreak software to JB it.

It worked perfectly everything went off without a hitch, but I just noticed MMS is no longer working. I can't send or receive MMS messages.

All the searching I have found just tells me how to enable mms on t-mobile or is outdated referencing a different jailbreak.

Any help would be much appreciated!

(also I have not tested facetime since I have no friends with an i4, but I'm assuming its broke as well)
    I am also having the same problem. FaceTime still works Post Jailbreak. I tested it with my buddy who's on AT&T I would assume Verizon to Verizon works to.

I did know MMS was working fine before I jailbroke, anyone found a fix???

Had to deal with nightmare on T-Mobile since 2007 working off and on throughout my time with them.

Hope we can fix this issue!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am having the same problem on my Verizon iPhone 4 worked before the jailbreak with Green pois0n but not after...... Anyone know of a fix?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay I figured out what caused this and how to fix.

The reason my MMS wasn't working is because when I setup my new Verizon iPhone, I restored it to a backup of my old iPhone 3G (so I would have all my pics/texts/etc). The problem that happened is that my old iphone was unlocked on t-mobile and I had to originally modify the com.apple.mms_override.plist file to get MMS to work on t-mobile.

So, to fix it is pretty simple now that I know what happened:

you have to SFTP into your phone and go to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and find the file "com.apple.mms_override.plist"

replace the content of this file with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

---

Restart your iPhone, and MMS is fixed!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galrash For This Useful Post:

clkkid (02-14-2011), SirZyrion (02-17-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i found out that you need to have 3g enabled to send MMS, for some reason my 3g got disabled in SBsettings. i just enabled it and my MMS was fixed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chuckar00 For This Useful Post:

clkkid (02-14-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The reason my MMS wasn't working is because when I setup my new Verizon iPhone, I restored it to a backup of my old iPhone 3G (so I would have all my pics/texts/etc). The problem that happened is that my old iphone was unlocked on t-mobile and I had to originally modify the com.apple.mms_override.plist file to get MMS to work on t-mobile.

you have to SFTP into your phone and go to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and find the file "com.apple.mms_override.plist"

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

---

This fixed my problem. Thank you!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

<plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

---

How do you do this? I dL fugu and have installed openssh

I see that file but how do you edit it

can anyone give me a run down on how to do this

please
    Last edited by OGcracker602; 02-15-2011 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

unless you have changed any of your default settings, the proces is this:

1) install OpenSSH
    2) Find out the IP address of your iPhone on your WiFi connection (you can find this in SBSettings or in "Settings > WiFi > 'Wireless Network More Info'

3) go to Fugu or Cyberduck or something and SFTP in with the following settings:

Type: SFTP (important)
    Server: IP address of phone
    Port: 22
    User: root
    Password: alpine

from there just navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ (I think you may have to go up one directory to reach /var/ )

4) locate the com.apple.mms_override.plist and copy it to your desktop or some other location. Make a backup copy of it just in case, and then open it in any text editor (I used BBedit)

5) replace ALL contents of the file with:

<plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

6) Save, and using Fugu upload back into your phone, replacing the original com.apple.mms_override.plist file

7) Restart phone

that should do it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Galrash For This Useful Post:

OGcracker602 (02-15-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you!! I think all I need was an editor. Used BBedit and now tested on Verizon to T-Mobile and Verizon to ATT and it works. Have not tested Verizon to Verizon but assume it works if I can send to other carries and receive.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My FaceTime is now NoT working... Anybody worse having this problem??

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

This worked beautifully! Thank you!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Facetime works perfectly if your on WiFi and attempting it with someone else who has an iPhone 4 on WiFi.

I tested it by downloading the facetime osx app and connecting to it, worked fine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My screen just stays black the entire time when I try and FaceTime

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Does this method work with AT&T phones also?
    Does this method work with AT&T iPhone 4 also ? Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Please help...
    I tried all of this, and no luck. My 3G keeps turning off after 5 seconds. I am unable to use MMS after jailbreaking phone yesterday now. Please help...anyone...

unless you have changed any of your default settings, the proces is this:

1) install OpenSSH
    2) Find out the IP address of your iPhone on your WiFi connection (you can find this in SBSettings or in "Settings > WiFi > 'Wireless Network More Info'

3) go to Fugu or Cyberduck or something and SFTP in with the following settings:

Type: SFTP (important)
    Server: IP address of phone
    Port: 22
    User: root
    Password: alpine

from there just navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ (I think you may have to go up one directory to reach /var/ )

4) locate the com.apple.mms_override.plist and copy it to your desktop or some other location. Make a backup copy of it just in case, and then open it in any text editor (I used BBedit)

5) replace ALL contents of the file with:

<plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

6) Save, and using Fugu upload back into your phone, replacing the original com.apple.mms_override.plist file

7) Restart phone

that should do it
    It seems to be working now...I connected to iTunes and then tested again after changing that file and now I can send/receive MMS. Much better Thanks!
    Last edited by rfull783; 02-27-2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the file open in BBedit but don't know which part to delete and replace with MMS. Help please.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm do not have BBedit (I have a PC). I had opened file in notebad (com.apple.mms_override.plist) which I copied to desktop, and opened in notepad.

Once in there, this is the only thing that was in my file, just this gibberish below...

bplist00—SMMS–    

I was about to restore my phone because I couldn't fix it, so I took a shot in the dark and just wiped that out, and copied the following into the file:

<plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

Once I added that, moved back into Cyberduck and saved over the file, disconnected...and it didn't work at first, and was then looking online how to restore my phone I plugged into PC and opened iTunes. Once I did that out of no where I received a picture message from a friend. I then tested sending several messages and received several pics back. I know the original instructions said you didn't need to plug into iTunes, but for some reason that is what fixed mine...

I hope this helps! I work in IT Services, but I'm a newbie to the whole jailbreaking. I never paid much attention to it, but just got the iPhone and I couldn't help not trying to crack this thing!

Hope this helps!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm brand new also. I've never even seen code before so this Is way over my head. What I see in BBedit has 8 lines of code. It looks like this...
    I just took 20 minutes keying in the exact lines and it changed it to this... Twice. I can't win.

Trace File
    /Library/Logs/stackshot.log

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OGcracker602 View Post
    Thank you!! I think all I need was an editor. Used BBedit and now tested on Verizon to T-Mobile and Verizon to ATT and it works. Have not tested Verizon to Verizon but assume it works if I can send to other carries and receive.
    Which line exactly did you replace in BBedit?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wish I could help more, but all mine showed was what is in BOLD above. I got the same thing opening in notepad, wordpad, and MS Word. I even downloaded some free trial of a "text editor" called I think Text Pad and got the same odd line of code, which I can tell by looking at it the formatting is not correct, so I must have opened it wrong or the file I move, the PST or whatever it is file did not like Notepad and didn't know how to read the language.

I took a shot in the dark and just replaced the whole thing...luckily it worked. Good thing too...I had been looking for about 2 hours online for an answer and this was the ONLY forum I could find talking about it.