+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizn iPhone 4 With Sprint?

is a discussion within the

Jailbreaking the Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I know its CDMA and will work with Sprint but how hard would it be to have Sprint add ESN number to the inventory or will they not do it.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Verizn iPhone 4 With Sprint?
    I know its CDMA and will work with Sprint but how hard would it be to have Sprint add ESN number to the inventory or will they not do it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I read somewhere that Sprint will be be the next carrier to offer the ipnone...Verizon is working great so far.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard sprint does not allow flashing a phone from one network to sprint, not too sure how true that is as I havent had the need or ever used sprint myself. Who knows who may carry the iPhone next, T-mo , sprint, maybe neither. It would be interesting to see whether iOS or android would be more popular if iPhone was on all 4 major US networks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Perhaps in the future an unlock may be possible. But even then, who knows if Sprint will allow the ESN to be added to their lines. Perhaps it's best to wait and see if more major carriers will be able to carry the iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Currently, not allowed. Future is unknown, but it seems unlikely. So far, Sprint has said they're not interested in the iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In response to iPittsburgh's post - I believe that the advantage the Android OS has is that it is not only supported by all carriers, but multiple manufacturers as well. Motorola, Sony, HTC, etc... There are so many equipment options to choose from in so many price ranges that Android OS can appeal to a broader audience. However, Apple products are a little more svelte and have more sex appeal. There are also a tremendous amount of apps available for iOS. I also would be curious to see how the two OSs would look head-to-head if all carriers had the iPhone.