Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore Possible to?

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Restore Possible to?
    Hello,
    I've been reading to to many posts trying to finger out if it is possible to restore a iPhone5s to 7.0.6?
    I am still on iOS7.0.6 and have been experiencing problems with apps form the app store not staying open.
    I open a few (Yahoo Sports, GasBuddy to name a few) and they close immediately.

I have been experiencing issues for a while so I installed iLEX R.A.T. iOS7 beta and have tried to restore using the iLEX R.A.T. as well as trying iNLEX R.A.T. RESTORE.

After restoring (either way) my device and apps do work but once I try to install Cydia tweaks issue arise.
    I have not been able to identify what is actually producing the issue because it seems to happen no mater what I install.
    I am now starting to think that whatever is the issue is present within a Cydia file.
    What I mean is if I install FlipControlCenter I get a message tanking me for installing MultiIconMover+ (which I didn't install this time but did earlier this month because I purchased it for my 4s, but deleted it weeks ago).
    This happens if I only install SafeHomePro as well and this is after a clean restore from either iNFO R.A.T. option offered.

SO before I loose the capability to jailbreak my device and update to iOS7.1 I am looking to see if I can just plug in my iPhone and shift restore when in iTunes to a clean iOS7.0.6 and jailbreak my device like the old ways?

I checked between SafeHousePro, and FlipCC and these are common between what these 2 different tweaks are installing or updating:
    Cydia Substrate
    PreferenceLoader
    Substrate Safe Mode

Am I right to think it has to be related to one of these files being corrupt or still on my device after I excite one of the iNFO R.A.T. restore options?

Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 04-08-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

I would say no. ILexRat should do the job perfectly. When I say that, I mean that after the restore with iLexRat, you should get clean JB again. As for FCC, why don't you try something else, like CCQuickPro, which is far better than FCC and see what happens. In any case, upgrade to 7.1 would be, bye bye JB without possibility to go back to any other previous version of IOS.

I was literally about to write a similar post. I've been having issues with my phone randomly respringing after a unlock and some minor other bugs but a larger issue is that the phone has about 6 gigs of "other" space and I've heard that if you restore from iCloud it will fix this problem.

So is there a way to make it so I can restore the phone back to 7.06, restore from iCloud and then rejailbreak?

Only restore that is possible is to 7.1

I would suggest iLEX restore if your problems persist or turn off all MS tweaks and then turn them all back on one by one until you find your issue.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

So if I use ilex it'll restore my phone to default but not to the "welcome" screen on iphone where you choose to set up as a new or existing iphone?

If so, how do you get your info back? Sync or from a iTunes backup?

There's no way to restore from iCloud?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,200 Times in 6,210 Posts

Correct, it will restore to a fresh jailbroken state. Sync from iTunes and/or iCloud.